All-Star Apologies: Part 24 [Class Trial]

"W-Wait a second Mukuro...!" Chihiro felt himself sweat "you're not saying that Taeko...!"

"Su...SUICIDE!?" Taka screamed as the realization finally kicked in.

"Y-You mean...!?" Mondo stammered "she killed...herself!?"

"If that is true..." Kyoko considered "that would definitely explain all the issues that we've been facing thus far..."

"But wait, would we even be having a trial if that were to happen?" Makoto asked "I mean, who would the blackened be in that case?"

"Taeko herself would," Mukuro explained "remember how the rules of the killing game work. Any and all deaths that happen in this school that aren't caused by Monokuma count as a murder. A suicide is technically a murder. One where the killer and victim are the same person, hence the victim would be the cases blackened."

"Correct! Thanks for saving me the trouble of explaining it!" Monokuma smiled "it's just as she said, while it's not my favourite kind of murder, suicide is the murder of oneself."

"Which means they're still fair game...!" Mondo realized "d-does that mean Taeko really committed suicide?"

"Is your head as thik as your muscles?" Byakuya frowned "why in gods name would Taeko Yasuhiro, of all people, commit suicide? She said herself she had no intention of abandoning her goal for her castle. Forfeiting her life at her own hand goes against that idea completely!"

"How could you know!?" Taka pointed "anyone can be suicidal! You can never tell at a glance!"

"Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to agree with Byakuya," Makoto chimed in "I just...I can't picture Taeko committing suicide out of guilt..."

"What if it wasn't out of guilt?" Mukuro interjected again.

"Get to the point Mukuro, what are you talking about?" Kyoko asked curiously.

"As I already mentioned, just because it's a suicide, doesn't mean that the rules to the trial are suddenly different," Mukuro explained "Taeko is still the blackened if she committed suicide, which would then mean that voting for anyone else in the trial causes us to lose...resulting in our execution..."

"...You're not seriously implying she killed herself to take us all down with her, are you?" Kyoko frowned.

"And what if I am?" Mukuro asked.

"Because it doesn't make sense!" Chihiro enthused "Taeko didn't hate us enough that she'd kill herself just to make the rest of us die!"

"Everyone, just slow down," Makoto waved his hands to calm everyone down "Mukuro, why do you think it's a suicide, other than what we've just discussed?"

"Simply because..." Mukuro explained "I found a method that means that she could have used the piano to crush herself...Allow me to elaborate..."

[Non-Stop Debate]

🔫 Blood on top of Piano

🔫Grand Piano

🔫The Boxes

🔫Who used the boxes

🔫Length of Tape

Mukuro: While we were investigating the Music Room...

Mukuro: I did an experiment.

Mukuro: And I found out that it was possible for Taeko to crush herself with the piano.