Pain of a Junk Food Junkie: Part 12 [Deadly Life]

"So, I think I should bring this up sooner rather than later," Mukuro said as they returned to the Bio Lab "but where have you been these past two days Kyoko?"

"Sorry," Kyoko shook her head "that's something that I can't disclose to you right now..."

This understandably threw the group off. Upon returning to the scene of the crime, the group frankly, after the information and plot twist overload they had just experienced, didn't exactly know where to start figuring things out. Mukuro took some initiative. However, upon receiving the response to her query, she frowned and gave Kyoko and cold glare.

"Sorry..." she said "but that isn't going to cut it..."

"Hm? What do you mean?" Kyoko asked.

"I'm going to hold my tongue and save my...let's say "interrogations" until the trial, but surely you of all people should know that failure to comply may result in things not going favorably for you," Mukuro explained "we still don't know everything about this crime scene, but under the assumption that this was a trap that was set up beforehand, then you're looking considerably suspicious."

"Ah, right, 'cause she doesn't have an alibi..." Mondo said "she's the only one who doesn't..."

"No, not exactly. That's why I'm hesitant," Mukuro said "ironically enough, the only two people here who don't have solid alibi's are Chihiro and Kyoko, the two people who were in this room when Byakuya died..."

"Me too!?" Chihiro exclaimed.

"Calm yourself," Mukuro shook her head "just tell us what you were doing last night, and I'll stand to believe you..."

"Well..." Chihiro suddenly recalled the events of the previous night "even if I DID tell you...I'm not sure you'd believe me..."

Chihiro quickly recalled the events of the previous night. The further he detailed what had happened, the more shocked and horrified the others, Taka especially, became.

"A-Are you serious...!?" he gasped.

"So...to sum it up..." Mukuro said "you came down with a fever or some other sort of sickness last night, and while you were sick in bed, you were attacked by a person in a mask? And then when you tried to fight back, you passed out and when you woke up, you saw Kyoko?"

"You don't believe me, do you?" Chihiro asked.

"It's not that I don't believe you," Mukuro said "it's just that there are several answers to this predicament, one of which is that you were experiencing a bad dream."

"It wasn't a dream!" Chihiro exclaimed "I know it wasn't!"

"How could you know?" Mukuro asked. In response, Chihiro indicated to Byakuya's body.

"Because the person who attacked me attacked me with the same knife that killed Byakuya," Chihiro explained "and it was in my room when I went to sleep, and when I woke up, it was gone."

"I see..." Taka considered "and they took the knife from your room and left?"

"Uh...I don't wanna sound like I'm pointin' fingers or nothin' but..." Mondo considered "if this whole thing weren't a dream, and Chihiro really saw all this...couldn't Kyoko have taken the knife?"

Kyoko remained stoically silent.

"Well, that is possible..." Taka thought "in fact, she might be the only person who could have done it! The rest of us have alibi's for the night time!"

"No, not necessarily..." Mukuro thought aloud. Everyone turned to her curiously.

"What do you mean?"