A Next Generation Legend: Part 7

-Free Time-

Junko decided to spend her time that day wandering about, but during lunch time, she went to the cafeteria and sat down to eat near Kyoko. The only other person who was in the cafeteria at the time was Byakuya, who sat at his separate table and ignored them. He paid no mind to the conversation that the two girls were having in regards to Monokuma's latest incentive. To be honest, despite how certain Junko was that no one was going to murder for the sake of gaining money, she still felt uneasy, and needed to vent about it to someone. Usually, if she needed to vent, Makoto was usually the one who listened, but today, he was unavailable, so Kyoko offered to hear her out. They were talking quietly as to not disturb the Affluant Progeny, but raised their voices when he left...However, after a brief moment of silence, she changed the topic, after watching Kyoko eat for a short while.

"Do you ever take off those gloves?" she asked. It was as if time itself froze. As soon as Junko said this, Kyoko immediately stopped what she was doing and gave the Fashionista a sceptical look.

"Only when I go to bed...and when I have privacy..." she replied.

"Ooh...scandelous..." Junko smirked "and why is that?"

"I don't really have any reason to tell you," Kyoko frowned, which honestly made Junko recall in fear slightly "and even if I did, what would you do with that sort of information? Blackmail me perhaps?"

"Jesus chirst girl, I was only curious!" Junko waved her hands around to signal Kyoko to calm down "loosen up a bit, will ya?"

Kyoko did calm down a bit, and her face turned back into a calm state rather than the agitated frown.

"Sheesh," Junko scowled "I don't think I've ever seen you that angry before..."

"It's...a touchy subject..." Kyoko replied.

"Yeah..." Junko said, secretly thinking somehow I could tell...

"Curses!" Taka grumbled, running up to the rec room on the third floor. While he was in there earlier today, taking a break from his "rounds" as he called them, Monokuma had, surprisingly, lended him a DVD player so he could watch a documentary called "Adorable Reactions Collection;" A DVD that contains footage of people reacting to various pieces of art. Taka had, begrudgingly, promised Monokuma that he would return the DVD player, but almost forgot, and was now rushing up to grab it before Monokuma could punish him. However, walking in on the rec room, he came across a scene that he didn't really know how to react to. Hiro and Celeste were sitting at the small table, Celeste smirking smarmily and Hiro looking pained and distraught.

"Dammit!" he yelled "again!? Why!?"

"Hehe..." Celeste giggled "that's triple the amount that you owe me now. Would you like to increase it?"

"What exactly are the two of you doing?" Taka asked judgmentally. Celeste and Hiro jumped slightly, since they were both so distracted, neither of them had really noticed him come in.

"O-Oh...hey Tak..." Hiro frowned "we were...playing some Shogi..."

"Even though I don't know the rules of it very well..." Celeste added.

"Huh?" Taka raised an eyebrow "you're playing Shogi without even knowing the rules? Is that fun?" 

"It's fun to win, if nothing else..." Celeste smiled.

"Wait, you won!?" he exclaimed.

"Hiro said he wished to challenged me, so in order to even the odds, I selected shogi," the gambler explained "even so, I have no intention of losing when it comes to gambling."