Boys Life of Despair: Part 15 [Deadly Life]

"You know, when I got to the changing area this morning, when the body discovery announcement rang throughout the school," Taka explained to his two allies "both of the changing rooms were unlocked..."

"Eh? So what?" Mondo asked.

"Well, that's strange isn't it?" he asked "Monokuma made it quite clear that we're only allowed in the changing rooms of our respective gender, and we have to use our E-Handbooks on the card reader to enter, correct?"

"If I had to take a guess, I'd say Monokuma shut the security system off when the body was found," Chihiro told him "after all, we don't have time for each of us to just use the scanner, right?"

"Well, that's what I'm thinking," Taka explained "but also...I can't help but assume the changing rooms are somehow related to the case...It's merely a hunch, but my father always told me to trust my hunches..."

"Your dad?" Mondo asked. Taka nodded.

"He's a police officer. In fact my family has been part of the legal system for...W-Well, that's a story for another time," he trailed off "more importantly, where are we going now?"

"I know you said you didn't expect much of them, but we need to find the other group," Chihiro explained "Junko in particular has some things to answer for..."

🔫E-Handbooks added to the Truth Bullets🔫

"This isn't really where I expected to find the three of you," Chihiro pointed out to Hifumi, Hiro and Junko, after finding them in the entrance hall of the academy "why are you here?"

"No reason in particular," Junko explained "Hiro just didn't want to investigate..."

"That is very irresponsible of you Hiro!" Taka snapped at him "did you forget that we're all at risk of dying? We have to work together to find out the perpetrator behind this crime!"

"Don't call me irresponsible!" Hiro frowned "if anyone's irresponsible, it's Junko! She ignored the curfew rule last night after all!"

"What!?" Taka seemed rather taken aback by this.

"Bastard!" Junko growled at him "I told you not to snitch, you snitch!"

"Junko, you weren't in your room at night?" Chihiro seemed rather surprised herself at this discovery "why..."

"Oh, don't tell me YOU suspect me too!?" Junko snapped at her.

"I-I never said that!" Chihiro flinched.

"Not that we can talk, 'cause we were both up at the changing rooms gone night-time..." Mondo told her "but it IS suspicious you were out and about at night...Where exactly were you?"

"U-Um..." Junko stammered "th-the school store. You know? Where that weird slot machine is?"

"What were you doing in there?" Taka raised an eyebrow.

"D-Does it matter man?" Junko asked.

"Yes! Yes it does!" Taka boomed "for if you cannot provide a reasoning, then you have no alibi for the night!"

"Well, neither does anyone else!" Junko spat "everyone will just say they were in their rooms at night! No one can prove that though!"

"Enough you two, fighting isn't going to apprehend the culprit," Hifumi pointed out "on a more important note, I have made quite a crucial discovery..."

"Really? What?" Mondo asked.

"Look upon that letterbox on the shelf in the far corner," Hifumi said, in his weird fantasy voice "open up the chest and you will find something rare and valuable inside..."