Chapter 33 ~ Deaths

© 2013 by Authorninja. All rights reserved.

-

Chapter 33 ~ Deaths

Peter and I stare at each other with wide eyes. He was never someone who revealed his emotions much, but I could see the shock inside him.

"Yes, uncle." Peter replied as he started to get closer to me.

I wriggled in my position as the two leeches continued to hold my arms tightly, and the rope bound around my wrists weren't helping either.

"Peter, stop." I don't know what I was saying as I watched him near me, feeling helpless as they held me. I never felt so hopeless or weak in my life, all my leader-like natural instinct vanished as I watched him in desperation.

He stopped in front of me, inches close. I watched his eyes go blood-red as they rested on the sight of my now exposed neck, the leeches had made the job easier by pulling my hair aside and pushing my head to the side.

"Don't hurt her!" Charlotte was sobbing behind him, struggling against the leeches holding her down.

I felt completely useless, I gave up resisting and just stared at Peter's eyes in terror. I hadn't seen his eyes like that since we first came, and it wasn't a sight I wanted to get used to.

Not that I was going to get used to anything, as I was utterly screwed.

"Get on with it, Peter." Thomas hissed, his English accent thick as most important Vampire's were.

I looked around me, avoiding eye contact with Peter. Margret, Ronald and Josias were sitting with a stiff posture. I wanted to say how sorry I was; but there was no excuse. Charlotte stared at me in horror, and a leech who was holding her slammed his long fingernails into her leg. I heard her scream in pain, and I screamed for her. They were hurting her to hurt me.

What have we done?

I closed my eyes as I felt Peter's breath on my neck, preparing for my hopefully fast death. Then I heard a whisper.

"Go."

I had a second to be confused before I felt the rope around my wrists fall off and I saw the glint of a blade in Peter's hand, and he threw it for me to catch as he snapped the neck of the two leeches who were behind me. It all happened in seconds.

It was time to think fast.

I ran to Charlotte; side stepping any leeches who tried to stop me and slicing upwards and side wards with the blade. In the corner of my eye I could see Ronald and Josias biting throats of anyone near them, and Margret had grabbed a stake and was slicing anyone who came near to her. As I reached Charlotte, I elbowed a leech on my right and plunged the knife into anything I would see. It wasn't a stake so it wouldn't kill them instantly, but it would injure them enough for me to get Charlotte out of here.

As Charlotte pulled me into a hug when she was free, still sobbing, we heard the large door boom. It almost silenced the chaos around us, and I was met with the confused looking Harry and Jason.

They didn't have time to think, as leeches near them attacked. Jason sprung into action; pushing Harry behind him as he shifted into a saber-tooth tiger. Jason was in the full form of the tiger in seconds, as he pounced on the leeches who charged him. They were dead in seconds, and Harry woke up from his shock and beat off any leeches who tried sinking their teeth into him. Harry was young, so it wasn't as easy for him to shift. But luckily he was as trained as me.

"Harry!" I shouted across the room of chaos, where leeches and shifters had turned on themselves. Some leeches were helping, and some were trying to kill every shifter in sight. "Get Charlotte!"