Chapter 11 ~ Lies

© 2013 by Authorninja. All rights reserved. 

Chapter 11 ~ Lies

The rest of the day passed in a blur as I spent the lessons thinking about what Peter said. Did he really care about this school enough that he'd let a shifter live in the same building as him? I knew if I was him, I wouldn't, but I had no choice in the matter.

"Blaire, are you okay?" Charlotte's English accent rang in my ears. I glanced over at her to see her brushing her dark red hair behind her ears. She frowned softly at me, "You've been acting weird all day."

We were in our bedroom; we were assigned to one in the girl's section of the senior's dorms. It was strange being in a high school and it was even stranger being in a school where you slept in. 

Charlotte and I were lucky enough to be sharing rooms, but I didn't think Harry and Jason were as lucky. The senior dorms were separated into two, for the boys and the girls. Harry was unfortunately in a complete different building, seeing as he was a junior. I was slightly worried about him being alone, but I reassured myself with the fact that he was strong and well-trained.

"I'm fine." I replied, blandly. I knew I couldn't tell her about Peter, but I didn't want to lie to my best friend either.

"You sure? You are acting quite peculiar since lunch, is everything okay?" She looked at me with pure worry in her eyes, and I almost whined at her for being such a good friend when I had to lie to her.

"Just tired, that's all." I muttered, dodging her question again. I knew she didn't believe me, she wasn't stupid. But she didn't push the matter any further.

The door suddenly swung open, with Harry and Jase tumbling inside. Instantly, I reached for my stake in a tight grip, "What's wrong?" I snapped at Jason.

They took a few seconds to catch their breath, before Jason replied. "Vampires. Party. Humans. Blood. Get stakes. Let's go." He muttered, grabbing Charlotte and me by our arms and leading us out of the room.

"Can you please explain to me what's going on, please?" I asked, directing my question at Harry this time.

Harry pulled me along as Jason let go of my arm, they seemed to be in a rush. "There's a party at some popular human's house, and the leeches are there." He explained, as we reached Jason's car that was parked outside. "When Jason and I heard that the leeches were going to be there, we decided to go too. In case they had any ideas."

"What?" Charlotte shrieked, "What do you expect us to do? Kill them?" She shouted, as Jason started driving.

Jason and Harry glanced at each other from the front seat and Jason replied, "Yeah, pretty much."

"You two are such idiots," I grumbled. "We can't do that here! Especially if students of the academy are there! What if we get caught? What if one of them gets away?" I snapped.

A guilty look over took their faces and Charlotte sighed. "I guess we can go check it out, just to make sure they don't hurt any of the humans. We can try to stop them in the most normal methods without raising suspicion." She then glanced at me for my approval.

I nodded in agreement, "Good idea. We can't just leave them with the humans alone." I muttered, "If they even hurt them then..." I thought about Peter and Josias, wondering if they would kill any of the students that were present in the party. I strangely couldn't see Peter doing it. Even though he looked cruel, he didn't seem like he would. He seemed quite passionate about keeping the students at the academy safe. Then my mind travelled to the night we first met, and I set the thought aside.

Jason increased the speed of the car so that it didn't take us a lot of time to reach there. When we finally reached the party, I heard the music pounding from the house. As I left the car, I could see the colourful lights moving across the window curtains to lighten the place a little bit. I gulped, feeling slightly nervous. I have never been at a party before, but I heard enough about it to know that it was going to be quite an experience.

Charlotte looked as nervous as I was, while Jason and Harry looked excited. Jason put his arms around us, with a grin on his face. "Ready to crash a party?"

--

(A/N)

I know it's short, but I haven't got time to finish it yet I wanted to update. So what do you think? I know, crappy as heck. Please vote and comment, the more votes the quicker the update!

I know this chapter was boring, it was just a taste of the up-coming chapter.

OKAY, BYE BYE FOR NOW!:D