Epilogue

© 2015 by Authorninja. All rights reserved.

-

Epilogue

  I stared out the window of the large car, as we left the school behind. I felt Charlotte's shaking hands beside me, and Peter's cold ones on the other side. We knew it would look suspicious to the humans that we left the day after the death of Peter's family, but the Elders would make sure that it wouldn't be too bad. Even if we were going to be missing to them too.

I sighed, closing my eyes as I thought about the events from minutes before. We all decided to pack our bags and leave. There was nothing left for us there any more, and there was no point pretending we were normal as the war begun.

When the others left, I begun packing my suitcase. I remember the surprise I felt when I realized Josias was still in my room.

"What's wrong?" I was hesitant as I looked him up and down. His dark hair flicked up casually, and his unnaturally light eyes stared at me with concern.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I will be," I replied truthfully.

Josias nodded, standing closer now. "It's funny how things turned out, huh?"

I shrugged, "I don't find it very amusing."

"I met you almost a year ago," Josias shook his head. "And you had this terrified look in your eyes as you saw me, which I thought meant you were nervous. I guess you wanted to kill me."

I nodded, "It's still hard sometimes."

Josias laughed, causing my heart to flutter slightly despite the fact I wasn't joking. "But I knew there was something different about you. Something worth fighting for."

"What are you trying to say, Josias?" I was starting to notice his closeness in proximity.

"I think," He paused while closing his eyes. "I think I'm in love with you."

I dropped my clothes, staring at him wide-eyed with shock. "No," I shook my head as I backed away from him. He took a step closer, his eyes beginning to show a hint of panic at my reaction.

"Blaire, you know you don't have to be afraid of me any more." Josias said, holding his hands up like he was trying to coax a cat. "I care about you. And I know you care about me."

I felt my heart thumping, and I backed against the wall, "Get out!" I was screaming now, which made him jump as he backed away. His hurt eyes stared at me, as I trembled in the corner. "Stay away from me, leech!"

"Why can't you face the fact that you love me?" He asked, with a pleading look gleaming in his eyes.

"Because no matter what you think I feel for you, I can't ever love you." I growled, and I could feel my eyes take shape of it's panther form. Josias left quickly, leaving me to slide onto the floor with my heart racing. I tried to calm myself, but I felt a mixture of disgust and confusion mixed together.

It was work to consider him as a friend, let alone... I shuddered.

My shuddering brought me back to the present, where Peter looked at me with concern. "Are you okay?"

I nodded, "Yes. I'm okay."

I looked at the rear-view mirror and met the eyes of Josias as he drove the car. He looked away, turning his gaze back on the road.

I wasn't sure how things were going to be okay again.

(A/N)

21/05/2016 - If you want to help get this story published and possibly have this book in your hands, please check out the story on the website Inkitt. They're holding a competition to publish a book, and I was PMed about it so I decided to put the story on their website and hope for the best! If you go over there and show some love, Desire To Kill will have more of a chance of winning. Go on the competition page and vote for DTK! I'd love all of your support. Click the external link, or use this: https://www.inkitt.com/stories/70814 to help out!

Oh. My. Gosh.

It's done. It's over. Holy shit. You guys have no frickin' idea...

It's been nearly two years (in July) since I started this story. I was about fourteen/thirteen. I had an idea, and I decided to write it. It was for fun, and now with over 7K reads and two years later - I AM DONE. Actually it could've been three years. Wow.

I'm so sorry it took so long, and I thank everyone who supported me from the start until the end. This includes the readers, voters, commenters and my family who understand my love for writing more than anyone. It was hard to deal with school and life while trying to finish this book, but while that has happened it's turned into my baby. And I'm so happy the baby is finished. Wait, that doesn't make sense.

It's now all down to work. This is the first proper story I have completed on Wattpad, and I'm going to make sure it's perfect. It's time for some editing and I'm going to read it over, word from word to make sure everything's okay. I'm also getting a new trailer made, and I promise it'll be amazing. I'm also going to try to get this story featured, and I hope all of your support will help. If you've voted or commented for any of my chapters, thank you so much! That support has really been the reason why I've tried to hard to finish this story in spite of everything. 

Thanks for the journey,

Sian.