Chapter 32 ~ Battles

© 2013 by Authorninja. All rights reserved.

The first chapter of this book was made in  2013. Think about that. Don't hate me.

Chapter 32 ~ Battles

          "Well, that's a bummer." Jason said, as we silently scanned the room for any leeches while the two others slowly shifted back into human-form too. "I guess the plan failed, let's go home."

    Charlotte punched his shoulder, "Shut up, Jason." Her quiet whisper echoed through the large house, "They could be anywhere."

"Anywhere but here-"

Jason's words were cut off by the sound of a thump, we span around to the source of the sound.

"Sorry, guys." Harry was holding his head as he walked back up the basement's staircase, "I slipped."

I sighed, "Let's spread out. Jason and Harry, you check around the rest of the first floor." I pointed at the staircase close by, "Charlotte and I are going to look upstairs."

Everyone nodded, and we started to slowly make our way around the house. I walked up the staircase with Charlotte who held a stake at hand, ready in case she didn't have time to shift back into a polar-bear.

  As the quiet creaks of our feet against the stairs echoed, I wandered what would happen tonight. Where were the vampires? This was..

"Too easy," Charlotte finished my sentence as if she read my mind when we reached the top of the staircase. We were opposite a pair of high burgundy doors with golden handles, and the sound of chatter and glasses clinking together could be heard from a mile away. Even without supernatural hearing.

I nodded, not speaking. She was right. We went through all this struggle, all this stress on how to disguise ourselves to gain their trust. To somehow wiggle ourselves in. But here they were, in a room all packed together. Waiting for us to kill them.

I frowned, it never sounded so morbid until then.

"I'll get Jason and Harry, we have to-" Charlotte's words were cut off behind be by the sound of her surprised gasp.

I turned around, to see a middle-aged man with a hand on her throat and another over her mouth. A woman stood beside him, both were deadly pale and had eyes like sharp daggers. They stared at me for a moment, as if waiting for my response. They had no surprise, no emotion. They just stared.

"If you make one move to shift," The man with red eyes whispered in her ear. "I'll cut your throat."

"Let her go," I said before I was grabbed from behind and my stake was flung across the room. I struggled against them, but there were more pairs of hands then I expected. I reached for the blade in my boot when a forced pushed me from behind my knees and made me fall to the ground. I struggled as several pairs of hands fought to hold me down, and when they did I felt a rope being tied around my hands.

"Same goes for you, shifter." I heard the callous voice say, "One move to shift and you're a human-sized blood bag."

I glared at him as I was dragged up from the ground, two leeches holding my arms tightly. They pulled us along to the doors, where the sound of laughter still echoed.

Shit.

When I heard the thunderous sound of the doors opening, I knew we were screwed.

The room was filled with pairs of glowing eyes, some red and some normal-coloured. The red ones were the ones who I needed to be wary of, the ones who were the eldest. I looked at the people sitting on the long dinner table.