Chapter Two

When Lisa wakes the next morning, she is annoyed about her alarm clock interrupting her dream that she almost does not notice her mother standing in the doorway with a tray in hand.

However, when she hears her nervous knock on the door she looks upwards to see her concerned face and smiles, because she's relieved to know that her mother found out yesterday and yet somehow does not mind.

"Morning."-is all she says as she places the tray down on the bedside table next to Lisa.

Lisa can always tell when her mother is worried about her as she always acts the exact same way. She makes her breakfast, brings it up to her in bed and always tried to bring up whatever she's worried about into conversation.

"Morning."-Lisa relplies.

Straight away she picks the fruit juice up off the tray and drinks. It is a way for her to prolong her mother's questioning for just a little a bit longer. She places the glass down only when she realises it has been empty for a few minutes now.

"The school called."-her mother starts. "they told me you hadn't  showed up for registration but that Rosé had told them you were definitely in that day."

"I left."-Lisa tells her.

"Am I allowed to know why?"

"It happened again."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Where did you go?"-her mother asks. "I hate to think of you being on your own so upset."

"I wasn't alone."Lisa says simply.

Her mother cocks a single eyebrow and stares at her questioningly.

"Girl or boy?"

"Girl."

"Friend or more?"

Even before she answers, her mother is looking at her with narrowed eyes, another reminder that it is impossible for Lisa to lie to her mother.

"Just a friend."

"Well as long as you're happy."

With that, Lisa's mother places a soft kiss on her head and departs from the room leaving Lisa with a tray of food and feeling in a much better mood.

Lisa thinks, not so for the first time-just how relieved she is to have a mother like her own. She always seems to be able to tell when she needs a little pick me up. Breakfast in bed is just one of the many solutions Lisa's mother whips out when the occasion calls.

It does not take long before all that is left on Lisa's tray is on empty plate, cup and mug and she wipes her hand across her face to rid her mouth at any stray crumbs.

Lisa has never taken very long to get ready for school in the morning. However today, she cannot stop checking to see if she looks okay in the mirror. But today she has to look perfect, today Jennie Kim is going to decide whether she want to be friends with Lisa or not and Lisa can't bear for her to say no.

The bus ride to school consists of Lisa nervously fidgeting, her leg jiggling up and down until the person sat in front of Lisa is forced to turn around and ask her to stop. Lisa apologises profusely but there's still seems to be a lot of pent up energy inside of her.

If she is being totally honest, Lisa would like to be asleep right now. Not because she misses her bed - although she does, that bed has seen her through a large portion of her life - but rather because that way she wouldn't have to think. In sleep, Jennie Kim does not plague Lisa's brain and if she does, it is often in some absurb role in one of Lisa's dream.