Chapter Fifty-two

Lisa blushes when she sees Jennie at school on Monday.

It's a subtle reaction, one that luckily neither Jennie nor Rosé seems to spot and so Lisa carries on with her day. Trying to pretend that she is totally unaffected by Friday night.

Jennie doesn't act like it never happened though, which surprises Lisa to say the least. Instead the other girl jokes about Lisa snoring in her sleep, admittedly she doesn't mention that they slept together – in the most literal sense of course – but she does mention staying over. Jennie mentioning it is a relief, it convinces Lisa that Friday night wasn't something she concocted in her dreams, that it was very much real.

"Yeah well at least I don't talk in my sleep," Lisa says when she grows tired of Jennie mocking her sleeping habits.

It seems about time the tables turned.

"I don't talk in my sleep," Jennie insists, rubbing the back of her neck nervously.

"You totally do."

"Oh yeah, then what did I say?"

"Something totally unrepeatable," Lisa tells Jennie.

"You're only saying that because I don't really talk in my sleep and you can't think of anything that I might have said."

Lisa raises an eyebrow challengingly.

"You sure you want everyone to know what you think about in your sleep?"

"Go for it," Jennie's tone is defiant.

A small smile plays at the edges of Lisa's lips as she leans in closer and her voice drops to just above a whisper.

"You told me that you'd swear off boys if it meant IU would marry you."

"Well I stand by that. I mean have you seen her face? Every girl has a girl celebrity crush, I mean I bet you have a male one."

"It wouldn't have been so bad," Lisa continues ignoring Jennie's comment, "if you hadn't then gone on to tell me about how she is 'totally lickable'.

"I didn't."

"Oh but you did."

Rosé can't contain her laughter and quickly lets out a chuckle, Lisa tries to hold herself back but she too is soon joining in. Leaving Jennie to look thoroughly unimpressed with it all.

"I hate you guys."

"No you don't," Rosé says, "you love us."

Lisa almost expects Jennie to hurry out a reply saying that no, she most definitely does not. But instead Jennie holds her tongue, instead choosing to focus her gaze on the desk and say nothing.

"Speaking of friendship," Rosé says, "when am I going to get to meet your sister?"

"Why would us being friends mean you get to meet my sister?" Jennie asks. "Screw that, why do you even care so much about meeting my sister?"

"She sounds hot."

"She sounds hot?"

"Yeah. I mean she bakes, she puts up with your shit, she sounds amazing."

"No," Jennie replies simply, "there is no way in hell you're going to meet my sister if the only reason you want to meet her is cause you think she's going to be hot."

"Hey Lis," Rosé says, "is Irene hot?"

Lisa shrugs nonchalantly.

"You have to see her for your self," Lisa says.