Chapter Nineteen

The next morning Lisa wakes to a facebook message from Jennie.

Jennie Kim: Hey, I've got your phone. Wanna meet for coffee and cake so I can give it back to you?

Lalisa  Manoban: Sure, what time?

Lisa doesn't get a reply through until about ten o'clock, and even then it's not exactly entirely legible.

Jennie Kim: qhat abiyt 11?

Jennie Kim: Sorry, shit I'm so tired, what about 11?

Lalisa Manoban: That's good for me

And that's how Lisa finds herself nervously pushing open the door of the local coffee shop and searching the room for Jennie, unsure of how the two of them are going to act. She soon spots Jennie, who is sprawled across one of the arm chairs, arm thrown over her eyes so as to block the light and a steaming cup of coffee in front of her.

"I thought you didn't drink coffee," Lisa comments.

Jennie looks up briefly, as if she's surprised that Lisa is there before covering her face up once again.

"It tastes abysmal," Jennie replies, "but after last night, I just don't think tea is going to cut it."

Lisa expects it to be awkward between the two of them, for Jennie to act like it never happened but instead it actually seems as if it never did and Lisa is unable to believe that Jennie can act this well. Perhaps Lisa imagined it because there is no tone of embarrassment or anger in Jennie's voice.

"Right I'll just go get myself a coffee then."

Lisa watches Jennie out of the corner of her eye as she queues. The girl has resumed she previous position and occasionally leans over to take a sip of her drink before pulling a face, it almost makes Lisa giggle and then she remembers why Jennie is drinking it and the memories of last night's phone call come flooding back.

When she's finally served, Lisa carries her mug back to the table and fixes Jennie with an amused stare.

"Rough night then," she says teasingly.

"You have no idea," Jennie groans, "I actually think my body is staging a mutiny and trying to kill me."

"I don't blame it," Lisa replies.

"Honestly I wouldn't have asked you to meet up with me this morning if I knew you were going to be this mean. I'm dying Lisa."

"You've got a hangover, and you had to meet up with me after you stole my phone."

Lisa expects at least this to draw a response or a flush of the cheeks from Jennie, seen as though the circumstances surrounding Lisa leaving her phone behind stemmed from the kiss but Jennie's expression remains neutral and Lisa finds herself wondering if it was perhaps just her that was so affected by the kiss.

"I didn't steal it," Jennie says before reaching into her pocket, "else I wouldn't be giving it back to you right now."

"Thanks."

Lisa takes the phone quickly and feels like hugging it tight. She knows that she shouldn't depend on her phone so much but it just felt wrong not having it with her and so having it placed back in her hand again fills her with a worrying sense of relief. Okay, so maybe Lisa is slightly too attached to her phone.

"To be honest I don't even remember most of last night," Jennie admits, "I think there was shots and maybe a game and I definitely got..."

Jennie cuts herself off and Lisa isn't entirely sure why.