Chapter Thirty-one

It's only when Jennie starts fumbling with Lisa's belt that Lisa stops to consider what the two of them are really doing.

After all Lisa is making out with Jennie, a drunk Jennie at that, in Jennie's bedroom with the rest of their school seemingly partying downstairs. This can't end well, Lisa knows that much and she's starting to think that maybe making out with Jennie in this situation isn't the best direction for their friendship to head in. There's no guarantee that Jennie will remember this in the morning anyway, and although Lisa isn't entirely displeased with the removal of clothing she knows exactly where this is heading and this is something her and Jennie seriously need to talk about before it happens.

"Hey Jennie," Lisa mumbles, lightly pushing against Jennie's shoulders.

Jennie detaches her lips from Lisa's and looks at her in confusion.

"I don't think, uhm, this, is a good idea right now," Lisa says looking down at where Jennie's hands are still resting on her belt buckle.

"You don't want to do this?"

Lisa is scared by the unemotional tone of Jennie's voice. Before Jennie had seemed like she wanted this, had seemed like she wanted nothing else but now that Lisa has pushed her away, Jennie seems to be running as far as possible.

"You're drunk," Lisa begins to explain, "I mean last week you were freaking out that we kissed, and now you're wanting to do god knows what with me. I don't want you to hate me in the morning."

"Fine," Jennie replies, and the harshness of her tone makes Lisa feel like crying, "I just needed a good fuck to take my mind off of things anyway."

"Jennie what's wrong?" Lisa interjects.

Jennie carries on as if Lisa didn't even speak and quickly removes herself from on top of Lisa and slowly moves across the room.

"I can get that somewhere else I'm sure," Jennie says shrugging.

She pulls her crop top over her head, fixed her skirt, and turns to brush her hair without even looking at Lisa.

Lisa is in shock, she knew that Jennie wouldn't necessarily be happy with Lisa's decision but she didn't imagine that she'd act quite so aloof as this. The night seems to have gone from amazing to horrific very quickly.

"Jennie, we can carry on."

"Evidently you don't want to."

"That's not what I said."

Jennie whirls around to face Lisa then, a cruel smirk spread across her face and Lisa resists the urge to recoil.

"Look Lisa, I told you, I just wanted a good, quick fuck. If you're not up for that I'll go find someone else. I don't want kisses, and 'oh my god we're such great friends'. I want mindless, mind-blowing sex. Are you up for that?"

Lisa wants to say yes so badly, but knows she shouldn't. Know that both of them would regret it in the morning.

"No," Liss replies honestly, trying to keep her tone confident.

She half expects for Jennie's expression to soften. For the two of them to return to normal but Jennie simply sighs before making her way out of the room.

Lisa quickly tugs on her shirt and follows after her.

Surely Jennie can't be serious? Of course Lisa knows that Jennie is by no means a poster girl for abstinence but Lisa is sure that she didn't imagine what's happening between the two of them. That she wasn't the only one who felt something more than lust when the two of them were kissing.