Chapter 20

Chapter 20

~Draco's POV~

As Christmas drew closer, excitement set in among all the students. I could finally enjoy its beauty fully, for the first time, because, in previous years my father forebode me to be happy and excited over something as trivial as Christmas.

So, my first Christmas free, I intended to enjoy it.

As the initial flakes of snow fell, I ran to the window in wonderment. "Hermione it's snowing!" I yelled, ecstatic, "Look Hermione, it's actually snowing!" She ran over to me, laughing at the expression on my face.

We pressed our faces to the window, transfixed by the snowflakes floating gracefully to the ground. We sat like that for ages, staring out, hypnotised by the snow. I turned my head to look at Hermione. Her warm face was illuminated by the covering of white outside, her mouth was slightly parted in awe. Her hair hung in loose curls, cascading down her back. The only part of her that moved were her eyes as they darted from snowflake to snowflake. She tore her gaze away from outside and swivelled to face me, her deep brown eyes took hold of me and before I knew it, I was lost in them, unable to look away if I wanted to. She remained completely still, as I slowly moved closer to her, not breaking eye contact once. "It's beautiful, isn't it." She murmured, her minty breath tickled my face. "It certainly is." I whispered. Her forehead rested on mine, as our lips grazed each other's. The urge to close the gap between us grew stronger and stronger.

Just at that moment, the common room door swung open. Breaking our trance, we jumped apart and awkwardly sat on the couch, not looking at each other. Ginny Weasley appeared at the door, "HERMIONE! LOOK! IT'S SNOWING HERMIONE!" she screamed excitedly. Hermione just smiled weakly in return. Weaslette assessed the room, her eyes bouncing between Hermione and I. She lowered her voice "Er... What has just happened here?" she asked.

"What? Nothing!" Hermione replied unnaturally quick. Weaslette raised an eyebrow at her.

"Really? Because it doesn't look like nothing to me." She smirked.

"Nothing has happened Ginny, we were just watching the snow and-" her eyes met mine and she looked down, her face flushing.

Weaslette giggled "And what?" she insisted.

"Just that. We watched the snow, that's all we did. See, Draco has never been able to enjoy the snow because of... well you know... so we were just admiring it, that's all." She babbled not meeting Weaslette's eyes.

"Hermione don't even try that. You do realise you are the world's worst liar." Hermione's face flushed instantly.

I chuckled, enjoying the confrontation. "Nothing happened Weas-Ginny. We were just talking about going outside to enjoy the snow further. Would you care to join us?" I said smoothly; lying and avoiding subjects was second nature to me.

Ginny narrowed her eyes at us suspiciously, as if to say 'I'm watching you two', before walking out the door and shouting behind her, "Come on you two. What are you waiting for?"

I exchanged a glance with Hermione before hurrying after Ginny.

Once outside, we made snowmen, I had always wanted to build a snowman, I used to watch children make them every year, from my bedroom window.

I made one that looked just like Hermione, finding branches and curling them with my wand to use as hair. I also conjured a Gryffindor scarf and wrapped it around the snowman, well snow-Hermione. I grinned.

"Hermione! Look what I made!" I ran over to her, pulling her towards my creation. She looked it up and down and laughed, a laugh that made my heart warm. "What do you think?" I asked.