Chapter 16

Chapter 16

~Hermione’s POV~

     Once Ron and Pansy were dismissed by Madam Pomfrey, Professor McGonagall requested to see us all. So we walked in silence to her office. When we got to the door, I knocked and Professor McGonagall’s voice sounded, “Enter.” And so we did. Without looking up, she said “Sit.” And so we did. There were three comfy seats at the other side of her desk.

She eventually looked up with a piercing gaze and said “So Miss Granger, Mr Weasley and Miss Parkinson. What has happened?”

“I put Ron under the imperious curse.” Pansy answered simply.

“Why, Miss Parkinson?”

She shrugged, “Because I wanted to make Granger's life hell. Everyone likes her because she is in the golden trio and so ‘perfect’. And when Draco fell under her charismatic spell, I knew I needed to make her pay. She stole Draco, my Draco, from me! So I threw myself at Ron, in the hope he would leave her, distraught, just like Draco had done with me, due to her. But Ron refused me! Because of her! Obviously, ‘perfect’ Granger. So I thought of a much better way to make her pay; being treated horribly by the person she loves and trusts most in the world. I controlled Ron, and made him ruin Granger’s life for me. It worked. She was left heartbroken, because her love had morphed into someone she no longer recognised.” She leaned back in her chair, a malicious smile creeping onto her wicked face.

My jaw dropped open, I just stared at her in bewilderment, unable to speak.

Professor McGonagall replied, remaining calm, “Very well, Miss Parkinson. But I hope you realise what you did was illegal and I will have to notify the Ministry of Magic immediately.”

Pansy simply nodded, “I understand.” She turned to look at me, the spiteful smile playing across her lips and her eyes gleamed with venom, “It was definitely worth it.”

     Ron and I were dismissed from her office, whilst Professor McGonagall and Pansy waited for a ministry official to escort Pansy to Azkaban.

Ron looked at me, “I am sorry Hermione. I hope you forgive me.”

“Of course I forgive you Ron, because it wasn’t actually you doing those things.”

“Thanks, Hermione.” He smiled. “It’s late, we should be getting back to our common rooms.”

Draco’s face flooded my mind. I thought about him and my stomach leaped. I thought about his soft, blonde hair and his glistening blue eyes. I thought about all those thrilling moments we had recently shared. Was it Draco? Did I want to throw away everything for him; someone who had been horrible to me for years? But he had changed, he was a lovely person and I couldn’t deny he looked absolutely flawless.

But once again, I was taken from my wonderful thoughts as Ron leaned in to me. His face drew closer and he placed his hands on my cheek. Once he kissed me, he whispered, “Goodnight.” into my ear and walked away. When he kissed me, it didn’t feel like it used to, I didn’t get a thrilling feeling. I couldn’t understand why I wasn’t overjoyed that everything would go back to the way it was before. But I knew what I had to do. I had to stay with Ron and make everything go back to normal, because Ron had been through enough already, I needed to make him happy, put him first. I had to do it for Ron, because I still cared about him and that was what he wanted.