Chapter 13

Chapter 13

~Draco’s POV~

     I watched her, she was exceptional. She was strong, fierce, beautiful, intelligent, remarkable, and profound. She was open-minded, but knew exactly what she wanted. Kind, but not a push-over. Happy to be helped, but liked to do things herself. Tough, but still feminine. She was extremely rare and so pure.

She didn’t need anyone to help, or save, or protect her, because she was much stronger and much more powerful.

Glowering in his face, she spat words at him. As her arm raised, I silently egged her on. Once her fist made contact with his face, an audible crack echoed around the corridor. I smiled. She really was extraordinary.

“We are over!” Her sparkling voice bellowed. I thought she was going walk away, but she turned back, surprising me as ever, and performed the most beautiful, yet terrifying spell I had ever seen. The birds attacked him and she turned, leaving him to what he had coming for a while. I didn’t know that she could ever do such a thing; it was chilling, but impressive at the same time. Stunned, in that moment, I finally realised just how incredible she was. Absolutely perfect, in every way.

I knew right then, that I loved Hermione Granger. Without a doubt.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

~Hermione’s POV~

      As soon as I walked into the common room, I instantly sank into the couch. I was shaking, from the anger and adrenaline coursing through my body. I had finally admitted to myself that Ron had completely changed and it felt horrible. I was accepting something that I had denied for so long. But, it felt extremely good to be rid of him. Leaning back, I closed my eyes, focussing on calming down.

The common room door opened and slowly Draco walked in, carefully closing the door behind him. His eyes were trained on me. It was uncomfortable, he just stared at me, eyes wide with awe.

“What?” I said self-consciously looking around, to check if he was gazing at something behind me.

“Wow.” He simply stated.

“What?”

“Just wow.”

“Draco stop being an idiot. Speak properly. It’s annoying.”

“Sorry.” He shook his head and looked down. “It’s just, you were amazing. I mean, you always are amazing. But just then, with Ron. Brilliant.” He stuttered on his words as they tumbled out of his mouth in an uneasy rush of emotion.

I blushed and looked away. “Thanks. He deserved it. He sickens me.”