Chapter 27

Chapter 27

~Minerva McGonagall's POV~ (This chapter was suggested by @iwishiwascalledfiera – thank you for the idea. It is not necessary to read, so you can skip onto the next chapter if you want to. But I thought this would be a fun chapter from McGonagall's point of view on Draco and Hermione getting together. Hope you enjoy it. Thank you.)

    Rushing to the Great Hall, I was inexcusably late by two whole minutes; I was always the first person there, promptly at 7:45 every morning, I felt it was my duty as Headmistress to set an example to the rest of the teachers and the students at Hogwarts. However, this morning, I was distracted, because I was having an in depth conversation with the portrait of Dumbledore. He and I were discussing the behaviour of our Head boy and girl; Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger.

"From what I've heard Minerva, Draco and Hermione have lots of chemistry between them." Dumbledore said.

"And since when did you become such a busybody, Albus?" I asked him sharply.

"Ah, but Minerva I've always been one for tittle tattle, and the amount of free time I have now allows me to gossip until my heart's content." He smiled at me, his eyes twinkling.

"Who told you this anyway Albus?" I questioned, now eager for some rumours myself.

"None other than my great friend Nicolas Flamel, on the tapestry of the entrance to the Head's common room." He spoke proudly, "Nicolas said Draco and Hermione have shown their affections for each other." He winked.

"Really!" I exclaimed, "Have they pushed their differences aside and finally acted on the romance that has been brewing between the two for years?"

"It seems that way Minerva." Albus beamed.

Suddenly the portrait of Severus piped up, "Will you two old meddlers shut up for five minutes! Minerva, I doubt Draco would go near Hermione Granger. He has more sense, and taste, to be quite frank." He sneered.

"I wouldn't be so sure Severus. And I would sincerely appreciate that you refrained from saying Hermione's name is such a distasteful manner, we all know you are very fond of her talents."

Snape merely scoffed.

I goaded him, "Severus, she was your favourite student. Don't even attempt to deny that, she answered every question you threw at her."

"She is a know-it-all." He scowled.

"And she reminds you of yourself." I concluded and before he could respond, I noticed the time on my watch, "My! I'm going to be terribly late. Remind me not to get distracted with you two again."

I proceeded out my office, as Albus shouted after me, with a knowing glint in his eye, "Keep a watch on Draco and Hermione today."

    Slowing my pace considerably, as I swept loose strands of hair from my face and flattened my grey skirt, I rounded the corner and marched into the Great Hall. My worries of a tardy arrival were dismissed when I discovered I was still the first person. Placing myself in the top seat of the hall, I looked across the empty room, and marvelled in the beauty and the peace; a daily ritual, in order to ready myself for another eventful day.

    When student after student had wearily trudged in, wiping the sleep from their eyes and munching on toast, I didn't expect my two favourite pupils to enter the hall together. Not only were they side by side, but their hands were proudly entwined, bared for all to see. I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. A couple at last. 'Dumbledore is going to be ecstatic' I thought excitedly, as my eyes bulged out my head, staring at the pair.