Chapter 38

Chapter 38

~Draco's POV~

It was over. All over. Done. Completed. I would never be going back to Hogwarts. Our year had graduated and this was it. These short few hours were all we had before leaving the castle forever. The soft, clean air of the evening caressed my face, as we exited the Entrance Hall. With our hands laced together, we walked, quiet and thoughtful; holding onto the moment, trying to ingrain it in our memories forever.

The graduating ceremony had been wonderful, everything you expect a graduating ceremony to be. Laughter, tears, promises, pride, and memories. We got ready in our dormitories, before it started, I got into my finest dress robes and Hermione changed into the most beautiful dress. We chatted as we waited, excited about the night ahead, but nervous as to what it meant. The ceremony was only for seventh year students, so we all sat on one table, discarding our houses and uniting together. Each of the professors made an emotional speech, where many tears were spilled. Even a few students got up to talk to the years, reminiscing and reflecting. As Head Girl and Boy, Hermione and I had to make a short speech. We stood up from where we were sat and Hermione addressed everyone,

"Hey, so as you know we are Head Boy and Girl, and I think we all talk and talk about our first few years at Hogwarts, but what we should be focusing on, is this year and who you are now, because I know we've all changed and grown more in this past year than any other."

"Are you referring to me or..." I interrupted her, gaining lots of laughs.

"Yes and no, all of us. We have all helped each other in the past year, when we needed help the most. This time a year ago, the War had barely ended and all our lives were in tatters, but we have all helped build each other up, and shared our strength and I think that's worth noting."

"Yeah, that's a good point Hermione." I said nervously. "A year ago, I was scared and extremely lonely. I knew everyone would hate me, because I was forced to back Voldemort. And I didn't think anyone would care enough to realise I am not the person I once was." I looked at Hermione. "Then I met you. And you were so friendly and kind and understanding and you made me think that I could be a better person and that I could change everything. You gave me that power, and that means everything- you mean everything." I said, getting lost, deep in Hermione's watering eyes.

A large round of applause brought me back to where I was; stood in front of everyone and pouring out my soul. I blushed and Hermione hugged me tightly, I snuggled into her, my cheek resting on the top of her head.

"Well, that's all we've got to say." Hermione said awkwardly as she broke the hug. "Just reach out to those around you, and you never know, they may surprise you." She smiled and we sat down.

When all the speeches came to an end, the music began to play and everyone got up onto the dance floor. We danced and danced with Harry and Ginny, jumping up and down waving our hands from side to side, losing ourselves in the rhythm of the pounding music.

"You know Draco." Ginny, tipsy from the Firewhisky, shouted over to me, "I really like you two together." She grabbed Hermione and pushed our faces together. "Awww, you both just look so cute." She cooed.

"Alright Ginny, I think that's enough Firewhisky." Hermione said laughing.

Ginny pouted then said, "She's just embarrassed Draco. Let me tell you this." She stumbled and fell into Harry. "Hermione has always fancied you, even when you were mean, she luuurrved you." Ginny giggled. Hermione blushed red as I raised an eyebrow at her, smirking.

"Did she now?" I said smugly.

"No I did not." Hermione interrupted indignantly.

Ginny nodded her head furiously behind Hermione, to signal Hermione was lying. I beamed.