Chapter 7

Chapter 7

~Hermione’s POV~

     I met up with Harry, Ron, Ginny, Neville and Luna at the Entrance Hall. As we walked to Hogsmeade we split into two groups, the boys headed off to find suits. Turning around, the girls and I, walked down the long, winding road, looking for a shop that sold party dresses. The blazing sun began to beat down on my fair skin, it was surprisingly warm for the end of September, in England. I was glad to escape the sun’s glare when we entered a pretty little shop, bursting with gorgeous dresses.

     After searching endlessly, for what felt like hours, Ginny, Luna and I, finally found perfect dresses.

Luna’s dress was beautiful; she had added touches of her own onto the dress to show her unique style, which suited her so well, but also had a touch of class to it at the same time. It was a sea blue colour that draped to the floor elegantly.

Ginny’s dress was perfect for her; it was lilac and silk, it was strapless and had a sequined band around her waist, bringing it in. It flowed out and was cut short at the front, but draped longer at the back, trailing on the floor as she walked.

I had a long, red, dress. It subtly clung to me, emphasising my curves. It was cut on the left side of my leg, up to my thigh, so as I walked it showed some of my leg. It was a backless dress and had silver diamonds shimmering along the V-neck. Personally I loved it, I thought it was quite daring, but I was feeling confident. When I walked out of the changing room, both Luna and Ginny exclaimed in delight, saying it was perfect for me and suited me well. Grinning, I realised the dress made me feel beautiful, something I barely ever felt, I wanted to hold onto the feeling. I couldn’t wait for the party.

     Once out of the shop, we met up with Harry, Ron and Neville. Ron took hold of me and kissed me hungrily, a kiss that should really be shared privately, but he showed no embarrassment, continuing kissing me for quite a while. When he eventually pulled away, he whispered to me,

“I’ve missed you. I saw you, through the shop window, in your dress and you looked sexy.” He almost growled the last word, “I’ve never wanted you so much before.”

I looked away awkwardly, he had never said something like that before and truthfully it made me uncomfortable, even more the fact he had said it in front of all our friends. I didn’t respond to him and didn’t make eye contact as we walked into the Three Broomsticks.

We had barely shared so much as a kiss and suddenly he says that out of the blue, I felt sick. I didn’t want him like that. I wasn’t ready, we hadn’t talked about it, but I thought he understood. It really bothered me that he had done it in front of everyone else, as well. He didn’t even seem embarrassed. Something was different, strange, about him.

     As we entered The Three Broomsticks, I looked around and saw Draco sat with Blaise, he looked up when we walked in. He made eye contact with me and smiled immediately, I grinned back, it felt natural, easy, to smile at him. Instantly, I was cheered up. However, not for long, Ron noticed our brief interaction and shouted at me,

“Did you just smile at Malfoy!” he said angrily. I just stood there shocked at his sudden outburst.

“Draco’s changed, Ron.” I replied as calmly as I could.

“DRACO?!” he half scoffed, half screamed, “You call him DRACO!”

“Yes, Ron, please, calm down, and listen-”

“Don’t tell me to calm down when you are best friends with our enemy!”

“Ron, please, it isn’t like that, just calm down and listen.” He completely ignored me and stormed over to Malfoy.

“What kind of game are you playing, Malfoy? Trying to get my girl? Well, it won’t work! She is mine, not yours, mine and she always will be!” He walked back to me and screamed,

“He is an evil, worthless ferret and you-” he jabbed a finger at me, “will stay away from him!” He yanked my arm and pulled me outside.

Once outside, I recovered from my shocked state, pulling myself from his grasp, I screamed,

“Get off me! What was that! You just made a show of us in there! You embarrassed us! Forget about Draco, I am not yours. I will never belong to a man! I am my own person and you certainly do not control or own me!”

Now it was his time to be shocked and he waited a while before speaking, so he could calm down,

“I didn’t mean it like that love, I’m sorry, I really am. I was just angry. Malfoy is always up to something, and sometimes you are too kind and good to realise it.”

“I am the brightest witch of our age, Ronald, if something was up, I would have noticed it, but Draco has changed, I know he has.”

“Hmmmm.” Was all he could reply with, clearly not agreeing with me. He pecked me on the lips and on the cheek and the lips again and on the forehead, before returning to my lips for a deeper kiss. I really didn’t want to kiss him, he had annoyed me so much. But no matter what I loved Ron. Right? “I’m sorry.” He repeatedly kept whispering to me, as we kissed. The kiss became stronger and he unbuttoned the first button of my shirt. I smacked his hand and buttoned it up instantly, breaking the kiss.

“No Ron.” I said and turned and walked back into The Three Broomsticks.

     The next week passed by and I tried my best not to interact with Ron too much, I could tell he desperately wanted to. He would try to as soon as we were alone, but I would always make an excuse and leave quickly. For example yesterday.

     I was in the library with Harry, Ginny and Ron. We were all doing homework, and talking and laughing. I loved it when we were all together, but then Harry and Ginny had to leave for final preparations for the party. So Ron and I were left alone, I internally cringed. Every time this had happened, Ron had always tried something. This time was no different. Ron sat next to me and took my quill from my hand, he took my face in his hand and stroked my cheek. He came closer and closer until our lips touched, as the kiss heated up and I realised I needed, once again, to get myself out the situation. I pushed him away and quickly said,

“Sorry, I’ve just remembered, I’ve got Head Girl duties I have to do. Sorry.” I didn’t meet his eyes, as I ran out the room.

     I had been talking privately with Harry and Ginny about how Ron was acting different and strange recently. They agreed that something had changed in his eyes; he wasn’t as chirpy as usual and his eyes had a darker gleam in them. It was very unsettling, but I couldn’t think of anything I could do.

So I pushed any of these thoughts to the back of my head whenever they occurred and look forward to the party.

     On the night of the party, Ginny came over to my dorm to help me get ready. I put on my dress then I sat down in front of Ginny and allowed her to do my hair and makeup. After over an hour of torture, she said I was finished, I looked in the mirror and realised that I looked really nice. Ginny had done a good job. My hair was straightened, so it was a lot longer than it usually was in its curly state. I had lightly applied make up to enhance my natural features. Ginny was amazing at these sorts of things.

Ginny got ready and she looked magnificent, she was glowing with happiness, I could tell it was Harry who did that to her. I hugged her and told her she looked wonderful. We chatted for a while, mainly talking about her and Harry. She had to leave early to meet Harry and wait in the Great Hall to welcome everyone to the party. So when she left I sat on my bed and read for a while, until it was time for me to make my way down to the party.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to everyone reading! <3 Please vote or comment if you like it. <3 <3 <3 xx