Chapter 4

"He's a psychopath Beth!" I finish and clutch one of Elizabeth's pillows against my chest .

Elizabeth scratches the back of her head as she eyes the purple bruise on my neck and scoots closer to rest her hand on my shoulder. "You should go to the authorities Lori . "She whispers and reaches to poke my neck but I flinch back , causing her to look at me with pain in her eyes .

"They wouldn't believe me . "I whisper and look around her dorm .

"I believe you!" She protests .

"Thats because you know me." I snap and stand up.
"Everyone thinks of him as a god and I'm just a college student . "I rant and throw her pillow aside. "I just ...I don't know what to do . He could hurt me..."My voice breaks as tears build up in my eyes , my hand automatically moving to my neck where he choked me .

"Lori..."Beth whispers and pulls me into a hug , pulling me down so that I'm sitting back on her bed . "I don't know how I'm able to help you."

I shake my head and pull away from her embrace. "No . It's alright I'll just have to endure it . "I laugh and make a move to leave but her hand wraps around my wrist, preventing me from moving .

"Be careful ."she requests and let's go .

I nod and leave her dorm to wait for Vincent at mine.

To be honest , I was not expecting her to believe me at all . Such an outrageous story of a famous artist attacking me is certainly unbelievable . Beth is just that much of a kind person...

"There you are !"

My body goes cold from fear as that icey voice sends chills down my spine.
I turn around to see Vincent wearing his white mask ,stalking towards me with a small woman trailing behind him with a pen and book on the ready .

"Here I am ."I mutter under my breath as he stops in front of me .

"Where did you run off to ?" He asks in suspicion as his eyes stare holes through my head . "I had explicitly told you that I'd be picking you up at your dorm."

"I had to see a...friend of mine."I look away from him and eye the frail middle- aged woman .
"And who might this be ?" I ask to try and change the subject .

Vincent squints his eyes at me for a second before eyeing the shaking woman next to him. "This is my assistant, Dorothy. She will be accompanying us to a small event not that far from here."he explains and holds out his hand for me to take while he rests the other behind his back.

"I don't think I'm dressed appro-"

"Nonsense my dear!" He laughs and snatches my hand and pulls me along with him down the hallway , Dorothy not saying a word as she jogs to catch up to us due to Vincent's long legs .

I feel his grip around my hand tighten as he notices my uneasiness.
"What's wrong Love?"he whispers into my ear ."Just yesterday you had a big mouth on you and here you are biting your tongue." He smirks.

"I just...I didn't get much sleep last night." I try and lie . Well it's not a lie persé . The thought of Vincent hurting me kept me up all night. However, currently I dont want to talk to him with the memory of his hand wrapped around my neck still fresh in my mind.

"Lie all you want Darling. It'll be your mistake. "He laughs loudly as we exit the dorm building .

"Sir ."Dorothy's weak voice calls from behind us .

"Yes Dorothia ?" Vincent rolls his eyes and looks behind him , not slowing down at all to hear what she has to say .

Poor woman . She must get treated like trash by Vincent.