Chapter 13

His warm breath blows on my neck as his curly locks tickle my skin . My teeth bite down hard on my bottom lip , trying to hold myself back from releasing the bottled up feelings for this current situation.

But it's too much .

"If you dont leave me alone to paint I will murder you in your sleep." I snap and grip my paintbrush in rage and frustration .

Vincent chuckles and takes a step back with his hands up in defense .
"My apologies . I was merely observing."he shrugs and glides to the other side of the studio and falls onto the couch by the windows.

I glare at the streak of misplaced black paint caused by my outburst and turn to glare at my "Teacher" . "Dont lie! I heard the hums of disapproval you'd make when I did something wrong ."I spit and turn back to my painting and begin mixing a light blue on my palette.

"Well as your Master it is my duty to see where your faults are ."Vincent sighs .

Ignoring his response , I pick up a new brush and lather it in the sky blue paint and begin applying it to the prepped canvas .
"Arent you supposed to be getting ready to attend to your lover?" I ask with distaste on my tongue .

Am I...jealous? No . I cant let myself act this carefree when he's always on the verge of snapping. 
I have to keep reminding myself that hes not mine .

"She's not my lover , Love."Vincent sings . I hear him stand up from the leather couch and my eyes instantly fall on him. "And you're quite right. However you're coming with me . "

My stomach drops with disappointment at his words.  It seems he was right when he said that I'll always be by his side . I have done everywhere with him and haven't had time to myself or to even think.

"Do I have to go ?"I ask softly arm carefully as to not make him angry somehow . " You dont need me there and I was actually planning on taking a walk to the little cafe down the road ." I admit .

Please dont make me go. I cant keep being around people like that . I'm not used to it .

"Just as I thought that you have finally accepted your new life you ask this silly question. " he chuckles darkly with an evil glint in his eye as he walks back towards me .

My eyes watch every step he takes in fear that he might pull a knife out of nowhere. 

I stare up at Vincent in confusion , my heart beating faster as the paintbrush in my paint shakes under my grip.
"Come my Love ."he grins and holds his hand out for me to take .

With a gulp I set the paintbrush down and take his hand .

As I take a step forward , Vincent pulls me into his chest and leans down , his lips right by me ear as his arms wrap around my upper body. "No need to be jealous Love . Amariah might be my wife...but you're the only one with a hold on my heart."he whispers seductively.

My eyes widen as I feel my entire body heat up and my cheeks burn with a blush.

What's wrong with me?!

I clear my throat and playfully push him away and let out an awkward laugh."If I did then I'd be able to convince you to let me go."I laugh and scratch my arm , my nails scraping against my skin as Vincent pulls me with him up the stairs .

"There'sa high chance other wealthy people will be there ." he explains as he struts towards the closet .
"You best get dressed Love . Don't want to have to force you to come with me dressed in that."

I look down at my large paint-covered shirt and frown . Knowing Vincent he'd do just as he promises.
"What am I supposed to wear ?" I ask steadily as I resist the urge to stomp my feet and scream that I won't be going with him.