Chapter 26

The waves break on the shore and sizzle with foam . The sound of the waves crashing and breaking swirls past my ears along with the ocean breeze . The sky is dark and stars twinkle in innocence in the sky .

My toes dig into the cold beach sand as I rest my chin on my knees as I gaze out into the dark abyss . My face feels clammy from the tears that have now dried and stuck to my skin. My dress is covered in sand and thick dried up blood .

I'm broken .

The only thing stopping me from completely losing it is the cause of my insanity himself .

Vincent lies with his legs spread out in front of him as he leans back and gazes up at the sky . A soft hum vibrates from his throat as his hand slowly drags across my lower back .
He sat there the whole time while I cried and didn't say a word .

After the incident Vincent dragged the girls body into a car he had waiting outside and we dumped her in a nearby alleyway. Vincent assured me that no one will suspect us but the paranoia is still there.

"I understand that you hate me right now, "Vincent finally speaks and sits up , his shoulder brushing mine as he leans in to talk . "But I would like to say that I'm glad you're here . Even after everything we've been through, I can't help but be glad that it's you and no one else."

His words pluck a string in my heart but the resentment for what he made me do is still there .

"I won't deny that I have feelings for you Vincent. "I choke out , not meeting his gaze and keeping my sight on the waves. "I just cant help the hatred I have for who you are when we aren't alone.  You kill people Vincent!"I exclaim and brush off his hand . "You made me kill someone tonight . Do you know what I'm going through right now?"I bite my lip and grip my knees harder , my nails digging into my skin and burning the wounds.

"What I do isn't normal . I get that Love . But it's me.  I enjoy taking the life of others and I dont plan on stopping. I made you kill that woman for two reasons : she is the finace of someone who took everything from me . For me it wasn't just a killing , it was revenge for everything that man has done to me ."Vincent hisses in anger and glares ahead of him.
"I made you do it because I thought it would bring us closer . You're the only person who I relate to in many ways except one . "

Is he serious? Killing someone would bring us closer?

"I fucking killed someone tonight and all you can think about is our relationship?"I ask in disbelief. "You're fucking psychotic. "

"But you still like me."he shrugs .

I let out a sigh of frustration and finally look at him . "You completely destroyed me and tore me apart to get closer to me? I dont believe such bullshit ! You made me so afraid of you that I dont even try and fight back anymore!" I confess and wrap my arms around my stomach .
"You make me feel like a monster ." I whisper .

Vincent's eyes widen as he stares down at me . The light from the moon reflects off his glossy eyes and a small smile forms on his lips. "Oh Love, to me you're anything but a monster.  I find the things you hate about yourself the things that are most attractive. "He chuckles and gently hold my chin in his hand as he pulls me to look at him.
"Even if you see yourself as a monster,  you're my monster ."

For someone as cracked as he is , he can be so generic .

I roll my eyes but cant help the smile on my face . "Only a crazy person would fall for you Vincent."I laugh and push him away but he snatches me wrists and grins .

"Well then you're crazier than me ."he laughs and let's go of me.

"You made me this way! With your little mind powers.  You know exactly how to control people."I shake my head and pull my feet out the sand .