Chapter 18

Blood.

Its everywhere .

It covers her face and body, making her almost unrecognizable .

The rain tries washing it away but it cant . It still colors everything around her with its red hue .
The metallic scent makes me nauseous as it become the only thing I can smell as I hold her lifeless body in my arms .

She didnt deserve this . She was such a good person . She had an amazing life ahead of her filled with hope and fun. She never did anything bad or sinful . She was the definition of an angel .

Now ...all she is ,is a bloody corpse that lies in my arms.

She's red ...like a strawberry. So sweet .

Or an apple . So smart .

Or a cherry , so charming....or a heart that would give relationships hope on valentine's day.

She too, is red now.

"Let this serve as a lesson to you . The next time you think about running away my Love, remember the sound of her choking on her own blood , because it's all because of you."Vincent chuckles behind me , laying a gentle hand on my head as he caresses my hair .
"Come now. We have to get home before you catch a cold."he says lightly .

I stare down at my red stained hands and slowly lay Beth's body on the floor . The rain hits her as if it were but object on the ground , hitting her face without care , as if shes not human. I slowly slip her coat off , her body still warm under my fingers, and gently lay it over her body, covering her face and arms .

I follow Vincent to the car , making a move to climb in the backseat but I'm held back by a gentle grip .
"Front seat Love. "Vincent says calmly and opens the passenger seat door for me . I nod and climb inside the car and wait as Vincent climbs into the driver's seat .

He turns to look at me with a smile on his face , his wet curls lay across his forehead as his lips are blue from the cold . If he hadnt just killed my best friend right in front of me I would have thought he looks cute . However he did exactly that.

I ignore his attempt to cheer me up and stare straight ahead .

Vincent sighs and starts the car before pulling off and turning out onto the main road ,leaving Beth's lifeless body on a dark street all alone in the rain.

An uneasy pit forms in my stomach as flashes of the knife slicing open Beth's neck flash in a series of god awful images.

It all feels like a dream. I cant believe Beth is dead . She was killed by Vincent's hand and he is sitting right next to me as if hes done nothing wrong.

"Why?"my voice cracks as tears prick my eyes . "She didnt do anything wrong. "I wail and burst into tears while pulling my legs up on the seat and against my chest as I bury my face between them , hiding myself from the monster next to me.

"Hey hey . Come now . "Vincent shushed softly . The car slows down and I feel it eventually come to a stop .

My chest aches as I try and catch my breath . I wipe my face with the back of my damp sleeve but tears keep falling .

"Come on Love it's alright . You're okay."Vincent whispers and caresses my head with a gentle touch .

How can he act so innocent ?

I shake him off and move closer towards the door . "Beth isnt ! You killed her !" I cry , starting another chain of uncontrollable hiccuping along with a snotty face .

Vincent sighs and grabs my arm before pulling me closer towards him.
I gasp and try to pull away but he holds me tight as he stares at me with a look of pity . Those eyes I once loved ,now make me want to gag .
"Dont waste your time crying my dear . That was just another person put to eternal rest ."he smiles and pushes a piece of hair behind my ear lovingly ." Although you look marvelous right now, I'm going to have to ask you to calm down and talk to me my Love."

I feel my blood start to boil at him words. "Why are you acting as if nothing happened? " I yell and push his hand away ." You murdered my friend in front of me ! And you act as if you did nothing wrong and I'm over reacting !"

Vincent slowly nods as if he is only now understanding why I'm acting the way I am . As if hes realizing his actions.

"My friend is dead." I mumble and burst into tears. Again.

"Oh dear." Vincent sighs and pulls me into an embrace , holding my head against him as his other hand gently runs along my back . I know I shouldn't , but I find comfort in his arms. No matter how much hatred I have for him , he knows how to play with my emotions.

"It hurts so much." I cry and cling onto him for desr life. "I'll never get to see her again."

"I know Love . "Is all he says , his deep voice vibrating through his chest , the sensation comforting me as I try and compose myself.

I pull away and whiper my face as I sniff and try to bring myself together.
I need to stay strong . I cant be vulnerable like that around Vincent anymore.

My eyes meet his and the rage inside burns like fire as my hands itch to wrap around his throat or bash his head against the window. "I hate you so much ."I hiss and glare at him.

A wide smile forms on his face as he stares at me with a glint in his eye.
"I know. But I still adore you. Tonight has juts proved how far I'll go to keep you by my side." He sends me a wink before turning in his seat and resting his hands on the steering wheel .
"I hope you will realize how much I truly care for you ."

The car starts and he pulls off . I stare ahead at the road as rain hits the windscreen.

Beth's body is still laying there in the cold. I wonder how long it will take for someone to find her .

"Where are we going?"I ask , changingthe subject in case Vincent gets angry about me crying so much.

"Home ."he states simply with a small smile on his lips.

Home.

The place I will be staying with Vincent for who knows how long.
The place he drains dead bodies in.
The place I cant get comfortable in .
The place I will be forced to act like an obedient puppet under the control of a beautiful artist.

The drive home is quiet , and awkward, for me at least . Vincent appears as if he is having the best day of his life as he constantly has a smile on his face .

We drive past the bar I had first hid in and I remember seeing Vincent at when Damien was first taking me to his house. It doesnt make sense that Vincent was there and by Beth .

"Did you go looking for me at the bar?"I ask out loud and turn to him for an answer.

Vincent raises an eyebrow and sends a quick glance my way and shakes hi head. "No . Is there a reason for why you're asking me that?"

It was someone else .

A feeling of shame and regret washes over me as I hold back another strain of tears .

If I hadnt thought that person was Vincent ,I'd be with Damien right now . Safe and free . Beth would be alive and -

"I'm such an idiot!"I hiss to myself and hold myself back form cursing .

This all would've turned out differently if I didnt see that man walk into the bar . Even then, if I had just stayed where I was supposed to ,everyone would be safe and the only person suffering would be me.

I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that I'll be with Vincent until my death.

An

I have edited this chapter so sorry for any mistakes