Chapter 25

We stand in front of a large mansion that looks like...every other mansion I've seen in my lifetime . People walk in and out of the large doorway , dressed in beautiful and elegant clothing . Compared to them, my last minute ball gown looks like I draped a curtain around my body and called it a dress.

"I have a feeling tonight is going to be eventful."Vincent muses from next to me. His arm is wrapped around my waist as his eyes travel from person to person as we walk into the house.

"Why do you say that?"I ask through gritted teeth as the thought of him with another woman boils my blood.

Is this what if feels like to be cheated on? I cant even imagine what Amariah felt when she saw me with Vincent . He's her husband !
My heart aches with guilt as I realise what a bitch I've been to her .

"Oh no reason."he sings as his fingers dig into my hip.

I purse my lips and look at the crowd of rich snakes for a woman with a red dress . Vincent had bought me a black dress , which is weird because he told me that he likes me in red . My only guess is that he now prefers to see red on his new whore.

The feeling of jealousy is very new to me . Growing up I've always let things go and never cared about my partner cheating on me or my crush liking someone else . So this feeling of -of being not good enough is overbearing. I hate the feeling of wanting Vincent to myself ; but I cant help but wish I'd be enough for him. That I'd finally be his last 'apprentice'

"Mr Fantomhive!"A man with blonde short hair laughs as he walks towards us . His build is quite muscular and his eyes remind me of the ocean. His smile is bright and genuine, the complete opposite of Vincent .
"I wasnt expecting you here ."the man grins as his eyes fall on me .

"Well I am ."Vincent snaps ."And I'd prefer you didn't ogle my apprentice. Lord knows what perverted thoughts are running through that head."Vincent growls and pulls me closer toward him.

The man ignores Vincent and reaches for my hand , his grip loose and gentle as he brings mt hand to his lips , his blue orbs never leaving mine . "Alaki Jones. And who might you be?"he asks as he returns to his pin-straight posture.

I cant help the blush forming on my cheeks as his flirtatious and charming attitude becomes contagious.
"Lora-"I get cut off by Vincent pulling me away , dragging me far from the bashful man .

"You will not speak a word to that man."he orders and pulls me through the crowd of dancing people .

"Why?"I ask as he pulls my hand to his shoulder and wraps his arm around me and pulls me to dance with him. I look up at him , taking in his furious expression and find that when he's angry his ears go red.

"He is my rival ...you could say."he starts and pulls his lips in disgust.
"He's always trying to show that he is better than me . When really-"he chuckles and pushes a piece of hair behind me ear "he's in denial . "

I stay silent , contemplating my next question . If I ask the wrong one he might get mad . "Who is he?"I ask simply as I look behind him and find Aleki sipping from a glass of champagne as he talks to a girl....in a red dress!

"He's the fiance of a woman I'm currently in business with ."Vincent sighs and spins us . I crane my head back to look at the girl again and find my thoughts clouded with anger .

Her hair is jet black and shiny . She definitely takes care of it . I just need to see her face .

"Ever since I married Amariah he's always been..."

I block out Vincent's voice , the only thought on my mind is to see who this mysterious woman is.

Turn your head.