Chapter 10

The curtains flow with the soft breeze entering through the window . The light from the moon illuminates the white lace of the drapery and highlights the edges of the dark wood of the side tables next to the bed .

The sound of Vincent's breathing keeps me awake as my body struggles to stay on as half of me hangs off the edge , putting enough distance between me and the sleeping Vincent.

I don't think I'll be able to sleep knowing that a murderer is sleeping soundly right next to me . He could do anything to me while I'm unconscious.

After our little episode earlier , Vincent and I ate out at a nearby diner where we wouldn't be recognized. It would have been considered awkward if it wasn't for Vincent rambling about how two-faced all his friends are .

For once Vincent's pushy personality and inability to read situations came in handy.

A loud bang from downstairs echoes through the building. I gasp and sit up in the bed , my heart pounding against my chest as all the different reasons for the loud noise run through my head.

Is it an intruder? What if the girl isn't dead and she managed to wake up and become a zombie ?

I instinctually reach for Vincent ,my hand grasping his shoulder and shaking him . "Vincent please wake up ."I whine and crawl over to his side of the bed , craving the safety of his body as I stare at the entrance from the stairs , barely able to see anything due to the darkness.

A groan escapes Vincent's lips and he turns around , his arm extending out and reaching around my waist. "What?"he sighs and buries his face into the pillows.

"There was a bang."I whisper and grip his arm in anxiousness. "Can we go check it out?"

"It's the downstairs window. The locks don't work on the second floor."he mumbles , tightening his grip around me.

"But-"

Vincent groans and pulls me down next to him , wrapping his arms securely around my shoulder and waist before pulling me into his chest ."Nothing will fucking touch you while I'm here ,now sleep."his voice vribrates through his chest , making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up .

The warmth of his body feels so inviting as my eyelids start to droop as I slowly get acquainted with the foreign warmth.
"You promise I won't die?" I whisper and pull the blanket up to my chin .

"I promise ,Love."he sighs and nuzzles into my shoulder.

I guess it's more logical to sleep closer to him . That way if I get taken he'll feel me being pulled out his arms...

I would never choose to cuddle with Vincent unless it was a life and death situation ,which this is.

Only if he had a nightlight or something...

Although ...I have to admit, his body is pretty warm . For a skinny man like him I'd expect his temperature to be as cold as ice.

I hope tomorrow he doesnt hold this against me.

"Wake up Love."

I groan as the feeling of my body being shaken wakes me.

"Go away."I moan at Vincent and hide my head under the blanket .

I'm so comfortable right now. I don't want to do anything beside lay here.

"You have school in an hour."he chuckles and pulls the blanket out of my grasp and off my body , exposing my skin to the ice cold air.

I hiss and pull my legs into my chest to keep myself warm . "I don't want to go to school."I whine and open my eyes to see Vincent dressed in a long sleeved t-shirt and black trousers with a belt on. His hair curls under his jaw and the morning sun catches his ice blue eyes , making them shine like diamonds.