Chapter 27

The sound of the metal knife scraping against the plate pierces my ears, but I hold back the urge to shove the fork into Vincent's eye and simply smile at him while he lifts his mask enough to shove the fork into his mouth .

I rest my chin on my hand as I watch his small actions in adoration. He's so perfect . Although irritating to the bone , he is the most intriguing and most unique person I've ever come across .

"I heard from Amariah that you two were getting along at the ball last week. "He speaks up and sets his utensils on the side of his plate and dabs his mouth with the handkerchief beside him.

"We were."I sigh and let my eyes fall to his hands as they rest on the table .
"Our hatred for you gave us common ground to get along on . You should feel special."I joke and kick his foot under the table . Vincent laughs and kicks me back harder.

After our night at the beach last week Vincent hasn't really shown me any sort of affection at all . If anything , we've been less in contact than before. Lately he's been ignoring me and tending to other things.
I would have never thought I'd be one of those girls who become needy for attention but it appears that is what I've become. It's hard not to around Vincent.  His charms and his way with words drag you under his command . He entices you to do whatever he wants you to . No woman can say no to a man like him.

"I'm glad you two are getting along because we will be visiting the mansion this weekend.  I have some business to discuss with Quinten. "He states and raises his finger for the waiter to bring the cheque .

"Business ? What for?"I frown and give him my full attention. 

Vincent shrugs and takes the cheque from the waiter and pulls his wallet out . "There's quite a bit actually. There's money I owe him ,"he drags on while throwing a bunch of money in the leather book" the death of poor Patty Mayer and why he convinced you to murder me ."he chuckles and rises from his seat while slipping his coat on .

I feel my heart drop to my stomach and my blood run cold at the last thing named. He knows? How?

What will he do with me ?

I rush after him  as he strides towards the door ."Vincent I dont know what-"

"But you do know what I'm talking about ."he laughs and slings his arm around my shoulders and pulls me into his side , causing me to stumble while wrapping my arm around him for support. "And dont worry Darling. I wont do anything to you. Do you honestly believe that you could kill me?"he chuckles as he guides me to the car .

"I would never hurt you !"I protest but immediately feel guilty at the lie.
I climb into the car and slide to the end and watch him climb in after me

"Home , Oliver ."Vincent nods to the driver and pulls off his gloves .

My eyes never leave Vincent as he slips off his mask . I follow as he does and drop my new mask on the seat. Vincent had to get me another mask because I lost mine somewherea while back. I cant rememberwhere though.

My eyes look for any sign or signal that he is angry . However I cant find any . No furrowed brow, no twitch if his nose and no continuous tapping of his fingers on the door handle.  How can he not be mad that I intended on killing him?

Vincent and I have been in a good place recently . He hasn't hurt me ,said anything harmful or even killed anyone! I wont let my idiotic past-self ruin this . I was foolish for agreeing to killing Vincent . As if I can willingly take a life .

A long sigh breaks my train of thought and Vincent rests his hand on mine.
"I can see the gears in your head turning . I'm not mad Darling . I'm actually quite proud of you for making such a bold decision. " he smiles and runs his thumb along my knuckles. 

Tainted जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें