Chapter 3

"Here are your results for your assignments from last week. "Miss Quinn states as she hands out sheets of paper with our grade .

I tap my desk anxiously as I watch some of the students' faces drop from seeing their bad marks.

I couldn't have done that bad . I spent days on that sketch !

"Lorain"she says and hands me the sheet of paper with a big 'B' on it in red. "I'd like you to see me after class."she whispers and moves on to the next student .

What could I have done wrong ? I got a good grade so why does she need to see me ?

After the rest of the lesson being free and me stressing the entire time about what I could have done ,time is finally up .

Everyone immediately bolts due to it being Friday .I slowly make my way to  Miss Quinn while the last person leaves .
"You needed to see me Ma'am?"

She lifts her head and nods . "Yes . There are rumours going around that you ran off with Vincent Fantomhive last week during the exhibition. "She says with a glare. 

What?

"Uh...not exactly . We knew each other from the day before and he followed me out of the event . " I explain in confusion . What is this about?

A judging sigh leaves her chapped lips and she pulls her glasses off her head.
"Well either way , I'm asking for you to change your medium in art . You do too many pencil sketches . You need to show range in your ability . "

I slowly nod my head . I can't do much with other mediums . "No offense Ma'am , but what does Vincent have to do with my medium?" I ask,  clutching my backpack strap with fury ,cursing her for embarrassing me .

"Well he has specifically asked for you to  study under him and take on his technique.He couldn't name you but luckily you two were the center of attention ."She rolls her eyes .

Is she...is she jealous ?

So she only wants me to change mediums because Vincent asked ?

A smirk forms on my lips and I decide to use this opportunity. "Well we are pretty close . I guess I need to tell him I can't because you gave me a bad grade." I sigh and shake my head , gazing down at my mark sheet " I have to focus on my grades. "

Her eyes widen and she stands up before ripping the paper out of my hand ."No I'll change it ! "She yells and crosses out the B and writes an A. I watch with a grin as she raises my high mark to a better one . She then tosses it to me with a huff as I snatch it up with a grin .

"Do you uh ...maybe have any information on what will happen with Vincent?" I ask in concern. 

"He said that he will find you when he needs you."she explains and thrusts the paper towards me .

I take my new grade back and nod.
"Thank you . " I say and then walk out the classroom.

He'll find me ? Not sketchy at all.

Why would he want me to study under him? We've only spoken to each other twice and Vincent is known for firing his employees that work under him. It's not easy to be able to work under him. Many news articles have been published on his team . Some have even come out and said that working for him was traumatizing.  Apparently they signed a lifetime contract of silence so they couldn't say what was actually happening .

I leave the school and make my way to my dorm room to get started on studying for the upcoming exams .
Art history is a pain .

I pull out my dorm key and put it in the lock but it refuses to turn.