Chapter 19

I stare emotionless at my reflection in the bathroom mirror . My appearance  shocking yet ...comforting in some sort of way .

Beth's blood covers my entire upper body and arms , dry and stuck to my skin and hair . I dont want to wash it off. If I do , that means it's all over and everything is supposed to go back to normal where my skin is clean and we move on from what happened.

If I dont wash it off then I'm forced to remember and think about it . I dont want to act as if it didnt happen. I want to stay in this moment and not forget . I wont forget.

Tears bring my eyes as I picture her standing next to me with that bright smiles of hers . She'll never be able to smile at me again . I'll never see her again .

"I dont hear the water Love . "Vincent knocks at the bathroom door . "Do I have to come in there and bath you myself ?" He chuckles.

I take a deep breath in before running my fingers along the bumpy dried up blood on my hand . "No it's fine."I say weakly, not having enough energy to convince him to leave me alone.

I hear the door open but I dont bother looking or pretending to care if he comes in or not . I just stare at the blood and burn its image in my head.

"Oh Lorain . "He sighs in pity from the doorway as he takes in my vulnerable appearance.  He then makes his way over to me and pulls me into his embrace , forcing me to look away from the mirror . "You'll be okay." He lies . I dont bother hugging him back but wait for him to let me go as my arms hang limp beside me.

"Come now. " he states and let's me go to roll up his sleeves . He then makes his way over to the tub where he puts the plug in and turns on the water.
"You need to wash off all of that filth before you start smelling ."

I watch as he opens the cabinet and pulls out a bunch of soaps and oils before pouring them into the water , making the bathroom smell like honey and oatmeal. I watch as bubbles start forming on the surface of the water as the room starts steaming up. 

Vincent stands in front of me with a tired sigh . "It appears I'll have to bath you myself . "He shakes and his head and wiggles his finger in the air .
"Strip off your clothes and hop in the tub."he orders. 

I frown up at him in confusion. "You arent doing it ?"I ask  . Vincent is a pervert who wouldn't mind taking advantage of my weak state.

Vincent smirks and shakes his head as he leans on the sink . "Dont get me wrong Love , I'd love nothing more than to undress you but I have more respect for you than you may think. "

I nod and start slipping off my clothing , not bothering to protest him watching , knowing that as of today I wont be able to do anything he doesnt tell me to do .  "Can I keep the clothes unwashed ?" I ask softly as I slip off my underwear and make my way over to the steaming tub.

"If you wish."he shrugs and pulls the stool next to the bath and takes a seat next to me as I descend into the hot water.  I dont care about him looking at my body. It wont matter if he sees it or not because he's still going to keep me here and probably try to do more than wash my body later . I dont put it past him.

"You will smell so delicious after this ."he hums as he dips the sponge in the water and lathers it in soap.
I stare down at the white bubbles that cover my body , watching intently as the blood on my body slowly dissolves and taints the bubbles red . I smile down at the sight of the water slowly turning red like Beth as Vincent begins washing my back . The smell of blood overpowers the smell of honey and no matter how much soap he uses , I will be smelling like blood for a while . I will be reliving that night every time I breathe .

"Tomorrow we will have a relaxing day of painting,  away from everyone. I know how hard it is so you can relax and take your time before going places . "He explains carefully to me.