Chapter 3

((EDITED 5/16/2016))

A/N: Finally done with this chapter! SO SORRY about the wait. I know I don't have many readers yet but to those who commented, thanks. :) I had finals and such so I've been too busy to write.

Anyways, this chapter is kinda a filler with some background info so sorry if it bores you. The next chapter should be better.

As usual let me know if there are any incredibly obvious mistakes.

PLEASE take the time to comment. It would mean a LOT.

PICTURE ON THE SIDEBAR: Skylar's wolf form

---------

I stood rooted to the ground, staring at the being in front of me that I had now identified as my other half.  It was as if the world had stopped and Gabriel and I were the only two in existence. I could feel my Wolf's triumphant howling and leaps of joy but I remained riveted by my Mate's stare. His eyes were so incredibly dark that they were nearly black, matching the color of his hair and contributing to his intimidating appearance. Yet, in this moment, I could read every expression on his face.

I saw shock and disbelief that were so strong that they completely overshadowed any other emotions in his gaze. His mouth was slightly open as if he had been about to say something when he realized who I was. The recognition was definitely there as I knew it would be, but the strength of his disbelief was astounding to me.

He was beautiful, perfect, a god-like creature that was unrivaled. I knew my Wolf was encouraging these thoughts but I had to agree. I had never seen anything so wonderful. Every nerve in my body was on fire and my heart was beating rapidly. And yet, amidst these happy thoughts that surfaced whenever a wolf found their mate, the discordant notes of my distrust and hatred for Gabriel remained, marring the experience.

This was my mate? The most horrible tyrant on the continent was my other half? What did that say about me? Why was it him? I could sense my own disbelief present on my face. My Wolf snarled at my deprecating thoughts of her Mate. I could feel her powerful emotions for him threatening to overwhelm my own.

All of these things registered in a few short seconds, and then the magic of the mating bond made itself known as a silver sheen began to appear in Gabriel's black eyes. I felt the magic of werewolves coursing through my veins as my expression mirrored his. Any doubt that remained for either of us was now erased. This silver tinge always appeared in a werewolf's eyes shortly after they recognized their Mate for the first time, although the discoloration was brief and temporary. It was the physical manifestation of the recognition of the bond.

Dimly, I registered the shocked intakes of breath from the wolves around us that just now realized what was going on. Surely they were as surprised as we were that Gabriel had found his mate in the enemy pack.

'Skylar? SKYLAR?' I heard my father shouting in my mind but for once I pushed it aside, focusing on Gabriel as my whirlwind of emotions continued. I immediately set up a mental barrier so I wouldn't hear the distracting voices of my pack members; it was too much right now.

Half of me wanted to leap at him right then and there, shifting into my wolf form. Many pairs consummated the mating process as soon as they met, and there was no denying that my body was burning as I registered that the god-like creature in front of me belonged to me.

But the other half of me was contrasting sharply with this as my fear and dislike of Gabriel remained. I was still trying to accept the fact that this powerful and terrible werewolf was my Mate.