Chapter 29 (Part 1)

((PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE END. IT IS LONG, BUT HAS SOME IMPORTANT INFO! It isn’t a rant, either, so please read it!

This chapter WAS split into two parts. I think you all will like this half but if it seems a bit boring, don’t worry, the next half is going to be very exciting.

Dedicated to EnchantedCoffee for the lovely cover at the side!

Song is just what I’ve been listening to. It goes well for any girl in love, I think. :) ))

---

---

Gabriel and I continued walking with our hands intertwined even after we entered the main area of the pack village.

I was sure that I had a dopey smile on my face but I couldn’t help it. I felt pleasant tingles running up and down my arm caused by the skin-on-skin contact. My Wolf’s lust was sated for now, and she hummed contentedly in the back of my consciousness.

There were few werewolves about, oddly enough, but the scattered members of my pack stared intently at our clasped hands as we passed. We must have seemed like such an oddity to all of them; a pair of destined Mates yet to complete the Marking, even so long after we first met. I glanced up at Gabriel out of the corner of my eye as we approached my house. For once, he had a relaxed expression, and I couldn’t help the burst of warmth I felt as I realized I had caused his good mood.

He released my hand as we neared my front door and I tried to ignore the sense of longing I felt as soon as we lost contact.

“I have some business to take care of before the ceremony. If we’re leaving tomorrow, I need to ready everything.”

I felt a burst of excitement and nodded in response. “I guess I should pack, too. When’s the ceremony?”

“I see no point in waiting. I’ll conduct it right after dark.”

He looked at me for a moment, dark eyes flicking across my features. I thought I saw desire hovering just behind his expression. In one smooth move that surprised me, Gabriel leaned forward and placed a feather-light kiss on my lips that lasted less than a second. I felt a rush of heat and my cheeks darkened as I blinked up at him. Immediately, my body craved for more, but Gabriel took a few steps back before I could give into my lustful impulses.

“I’ll see you later, Skylar,” he muttered, voice a bit contorted and I thought he was having a similar reaction.

“Okay,” was my breathless reply, and I scolded myself for not coming up with anything better than that. I couldn’t help it, though. Gabriel’s touch had a profound effect on me and left my thoughts muddled and laced with desire.

Practically in a daze, I slowly made my way inside my house and up to my room. I brushed my fingers across my slightly swollen lips. The recollection of our passionate moments in the woods caused me to blush even more and I was grateful that my parents weren’t home.

My thoughts distant, I slowly began to gather my things into the same bag I had used last time. It was interesting how different this situation was to the previous occasion I’d left home. I wasn’t dreading my first encounter with the Black Mountains Pack, and there was a strong chance I would come back Marked.

The next time we see everyone, we will be Luna! My Wolf yipped. I swallowed hard, unable to evade the nervousness caused by that concept. It was a lot of responsibility. I was willing to take it on, but that didn’t mean it would come easily.