Chapter 33: Veronica

"I know, I wanted the set just like this, but I don't know, Angie. This is not feeling right." I dragged a hand down my face. I yawned, looking at the time. It was currently eight thirty in the morning.

"This is the one we decided on! This arch looks so good and modern! Yesterday Matt said he was envious of this design. He took on a greener look for the ramp. It looks good too, but I think it will clash with his modern style of dresses. Changing the ramp design set now would cost you a lot." Angie said as she looked over the room again.

It was very beautiful, I know. There were geometric shapes all over, painted black and the soft red lighting was fantastic. I had this ramp idea when I was in the Bahamas, long back. I thought it would be perfect, but now that I am here, something feels off. I would not be able to showcase my dresses on a ramp I do not like.

"I don't know what to do

"I don't know what to do." I sighed. Angie got a call, so she excused herself and left the room.

"What are you doing?! I said you should walk erectly, not tensely! We are not doing military drills here!" Johana cried as she corrected Dean's walk yet again as he tried his best to walk straight.

Looking at his cute face, I smiled in sympathy. I know it sucked for him, as Johana was known to be quite strict, but in the end, all the efforts the models and she puts in are worth it. Every person she has taken under her wing has been highly coveted in the industry.

"Let's go over this again. You have to move your shoulders in pace with your walk. Your walk should be erect, not tense, Mr. McCall. Don't worry about slipping. Keep your gaze up and focused. Don't forget to smile slightly! We are not torturing you!" Yikes, whenever Johana uses formality, it means she is frustrated, or pissed or both.

Dean's scared eyes met mine where I was sitting, on one of the seats towards the side and I waved, pursing my lips. The poor guy has been subjected to all kinds of torture. Yesterday he had to get his eyebrows plucked. Lord, had he wailed like a baby. Minnie had taken a video of the event as I was not there at that time. I sent her a quick text to send me the clip.

For, you know.

Educational purposes.

"Johana, I need Dean for a couple of minutes." I addressed the trainer as Dean was about to go back to try once more.

He shot me a grateful glance as he stepped off the ramp and came to sit beside me. Grabbing his water-bottle from the bag, he thanked me.

 Grabbing his water-bottle from the bag, he thanked me