Chapter 8: Dean

Chapter 8: Dean

"Yeah, same." I murmured awkwardly as the girl in front of me chatted about fishes and how their smell gave her a headache.

We were here, in one of the most amazing clubs ever and she wants to talk about fishes?! I mean come on!

I sighed. I will kill Kelly for this, I promised myself.

The date he had none so gently pushed me off with was boring and weird as hell. She was dressed in a knee length tomato red dress which was way too modest. I admired how she dressed, too conservative for a place like this, which told me she tried hard so that she may not send off the wrong signals to the opposite sex, but that was it. The admiration ended there.

She looked okay, but there was nothing in common between us. I slouched a little and picked at my black shirt, thinking of ways how to get away from her, without making me seem like a jackass. I swirled my drink- a whiskey, while Jenna--that was my date's name went on and on about the aquatic life.

I concentrated on the small yellow light on the circular table, beside which we were both standing and leaning. I had no access to the VIP floor, which held seating arrangements, and the bar was way too crowded.

God, girl, I get it that you have a love to have a hate relationship with sea-life, now please move on from the topic!

I would have changed the conversation long, long, and I do mean long, time ago, but she just wouldn't let me get a word past! I sighed again just as the music abruptly shut off. As reflex, I looked towards where the DJ podium was. Music was the only thing distracting me from Jenna.

"Hey people are you enjoying yourself?" The DJ asked, and the crowd burst out in cheers. Thankfully, my date had finally stopped talking to see what was happening.

"Well, we got a special person in the house tonight!" He said and a bright white spotlight was switched on which started to move over the people. God, this is so cheesy.

"So ladies and gents," The DJ said, after a few seconds of excited suspense, "say hi to the Queen, the dancing Queen...VERO!"

Then, suddenly, the spotlight focused one of the people standing near the door.

My heart stopped.

The person I had been so ridiculously obsessed with, so much so that it was borderline creepy, for the past few days; was standing in the light, looking sexy as hell in her glimmer-y dress.

She slightly smirked and gracefully raised her right hand and waved in the general direction, saying 'Hi'. She then confidentially flipped her red hair and approached the DJ's podium, moving in between the space people had created for her when they had parted like the Red Sea. The spotlight moved with her, bathing her in an angelic glow.

She looked so beautiful; it was impossible not to look at her. The people stared at her as she went past, murmuring amongst themselves.

I suddenly let out a laugh, thinking how fit-for-movies this scene was.

When she reached the stage, where the DJ was, she turned around to face the audience. "Hey people!" She spoke into the DJ's microphone, "let's set this floor on fire!" Just like an announcer starting a WWE match.

Then, just as she tossed the microphone back to the DJ, 'Five More Hours' started and so did Vero's dance. Raising her hands above her head and moving her body with the fast beats, she entranced us all.

Let's just say she deserved all the cheers she got.

---

Extra long for my readers!

Next chapter is going to be slightly sexy? :)

Stay safe you all. 

Lots of crazy shit in the world these days. 

-A