Chapter 4: Dean

Chapter 4: Dean

"What to eat...what to eat...what to eat today?" I sang off-tune as I scanned the mini fridge for something to eat. Pouting as I found nothing interesting, I made my way towards the kitchen cabinets and opened them. Nothing.

I groaned

I groaned. I absolutely hated going out. And especially in the bone-chilling winter? Ugh.

But still, hunger won and I grumbled incomprehensibly as I shrugged on my blue coat, wrapped my black muffler around my neck and grabbed my phone, keys and wallet.

After putting on my shoes, I locked my door and made my way towards the basement of my apartment building where Becky was.

"Hi baby." I muttered, adoration lacing through my words as I spotted her. "You missed me?" I asked, trailing my hands down her sides.

Becky was one of the two women in my life, the other, my mom.

I had to save up for years and years before I could get her. She was absolutely beautiful. Sleek looking after the red paint job a few months back, an awesome mileage, heater and leather seats, she hardly gave me any trouble. She was second handed, but she was the ideal girl.

I climbed into Becky, patting her dashboard as I turned the key. As she purred to life, I removed my muffler and kept it on the seat next to me as the warm air from the heater kicked in. Exhaling warm air into my hands before I kept them on the steering wheel, I connected my phone through the Bluetooth in my car and again set my playlist to shuffle.

Time for some shopping, I thought as 'Dance Monkey' started playing.

Navigating the roads, I pulled the car at the nearest shopping center-Organo-Metallic after fifteen minutes. Its name was because it only had either organic things like food or metallic items like tools for plumbing, carpentry and all.

The shop was quite small, so small that people don't really notice the place while driving by. There were only two checkout counters. This shop was run by a couple, in their mid-70's and they were absolutely adorable.

I grabbed a trolley and made my way towards the food section, all the while thinking of what I would like to eat. Pasta? Noodles? Home-made pizza? Is my toaster working?

Because I was so preoccupied, I didn't realize when another trolley had come in my way and I had accidentally collided with it, creating a loud noise

Because I was so preoccupied, I didn't realize when another trolley had come in my way and I had accidentally collided with it, creating a loud noise. Reeling slightly back with the momentum, I looked up at the other person, who was looking right back at me.

Grey eyes locked with mine.

"I am sorry." I apologized quickly, shuffling a bit to the side to let her pass. "I didn't look where I was going." Those grey eyes softened. "I am sorry too." A melodic voice came from her.

I was able to finally wrench away my gaze from her eyes to look at her properly. Her red hair in a messy bun, high and sharp cheekbones, long nose and full pouty lips made her exceptionally beautiful. She was wearing a long, bright green colored coat with the collars turned up, and a pair of black jeans. She looked...she looked really really good. Sure, she could do with some sleep, as she was almost dead on her feet, but she was the prettiest person I had ever seen.

For reasons unknown, she looked familiar to me, as I watched her push a strand of hair back from her face. From where do I know her...?

--------

God, gifs are great.

You know the drill! Follow the kitty!