Chapter 35: Veronica

Due to the complete silence in which we were walking in, my heart's pounding was blasting in my ears the entire time I was leading Dean into one of the private tents towards the back. I am sure he could feel how loud my pulse was. I had made the purchase for a quiet place online, earlier on my iPad so we could have maximum privacy. What we needed to talk about was momentous.

As we navigated through the throngs of tourists, with each and every step, it was hitting me like a tsunami how absolutely crazy the entire situation is.

Inside the well-lit white cloth tent, there were a couple of chairs and a small table where two lanterns were kept. There was also a white swing in the corner which was covered in see-through cream cloth which probably acted like a curtain. The sandy floor had turned to a red carpeted one with flowery designs.

However, I saw nothing as, as soon as we entered through the thick curtain of the tent's entrance, I closed my eyes, twirled around, using my free hand to grab him by his neck and kiss him

He let out a strangled noise as he reared his head back slightly in shock, but I had a good grip. He eventually succumbed and I smiled when he let go of my hand to grip my face, pulling me even closer to him, as if it was even possible. We were molded together like two puzzle pieces.

Outside, some show was going on as loud cheers and clapping could be heard. But it was all drowned out by Dean. His entire being was clouding my wits. My sense of light, sound, touch all was being dominated by him.

Everything else was meaningless. Apart from this moment.

This moment meant everything.

His kiss was the cool breeze of a summer evening, washing over me like a fire, yet a calm trickling rain all at once

I wished this could go on forever. I really did.

But my stupid, stupid lungs had to find air and I was forced to separate from him. I watched as his dark eyes remained shut for a couple more seconds before he focused on me. His open lips were looking a bit plump, distracting me from what he was saying.