𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 - 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐞!

WOOOOW AN UPDATE!

Hiii, it's ya gurl back at it again

I hope you guys like this chapter. After this the story will develop a bit more. I have to add these chapters so you get a better idea of the backstory.

But there's more coming so stay tuned :)

Third Person's POV

"Do you even know what you're doing?" Aspen asked, raising a brow as she watched Everest fiddle with the gear shift of the car.

"No entirely, no," he replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"Now you change to first gear," Connor said, leaning forward from the back seat to point at the gear stick.

"Okay," Everest nodded, following his advice.

"Slowly step on the gas."

Aspen clutched the sides of the Aston Martin V8 as Everest stepped on the gas making the car lurch forward.

"He said slowly!" Aspen exclaimed, sending him a glare.

"Sorry," he mumbled sheepishly, amusement shining in his eyes.

Aspen knew he wasn't sorry at all.

"Try again," Connor encouraged, trying to hold back a laugh.

"Uh, yeah and try not to kill us please," Aspen added.

"Oh come on, I'm not that bad," Everest rolled his eyes.

He slowly eased his foot of the brake, setting the car into a rolling motion.

It was a nice sunny day in London for once and the birds were out enjoying the rare warmth. Big fluffy clouds were scattered across the sky, occasionally blocking the sun as they moved across the vast blue expanse.

Aspen had walked to the palace from her home after Connor had called asking her to come.

She was quite surprised to hear that Everest now considered her a friend. It was bizarre to her that she was friends with a member of the Royal family in just a month of living in London.

"Mate ,you've got to watch the road. You just ran over the curb," Connor sighed, shaking his head.

"Okay now brake," Aspen instructed as they neared a hedge bordering the Palace Grounds.

"I said brake, not gas!" she exclaimed as he accidentally pressed down on the accelerator. The car zoomed towards the hedge, only stopping when Aspen quickly pulled the emergency brake.

The three lurched back into the seats, their hearts racing.

"Okay, I think that's enough for today," Aspen breathed, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Yup, yup, good idea," Connor nodded hurriedly, getting out of the car.

"Are you alright?" one of the guards asked as Everest got out of the car.

"Perfect," he replied, flashing him a bright smile.

As if he hadn't nearly killed them all.

"Well, that was certainly an experience," Connor spoke up as the trio walked in silence towards the Palace.

"Please tell me that was your first time ever driving," Aspen said, turning to look up at Everest.

"Sure, if it makes you feel better," he replied, sending a her a wink when he caught her horrified expression.