𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 19 - 𝓞𝓯𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼

HOLA PARTY PEOPLE'S

I JUST HAD A WHOLE CUP OF COFFEE AND ITS 10 PM AND I'M ON A CAFFINE HIIIIIGH!

WHOOOO!

ANYWAYS I HOPE U GUYS LIKE THIS CHAPPY-TAPPY :)

HAPPY READING MUNCHIES

Third Persons POV

Everest hissed in pain as he lifted the shirt over his head. His shoulder burned as if it was on fire making him scrunch his face in agony.

He was yet again locked in his own room.

He had no idea what was going on and nobody was around to answer his endless questions.

Suddenly, the door to his room swung open. 

"Do you even use your goddamn brain?" Aspen snapped, her hands on her hips as she glared at Everest.

Bold of me to assume he even has one.

"Where are they?" Everest asked, desperately searching for the conformation he needed.

He had to know his mother and sister were safe.

"They're fine. Both of them are in the hospital wing," Aspen sighed, pulling on blue coloured gloves.

Everest's shoulders sagged in relief, only for stinging pain to ripple up his left side. He walked out of the bathroom and sat on the bed as Aspen pulled out the first aid. 

Aspen tried her hardest not to get distracted by his shirtless figure. She couldn't give him any ideas. 

"Everest why did you leave the car, better yet, how did you even get out?"

"I pulled the safety lock from the back seat," he muttered, wincing as Aspen wiped the blood from his shoulder.

A wooden stake had been plunged right into his shoulder by the man he'd confronted in the barn.

He remembered walking in to find two figures huddled on the floor.  Their eyes were wide as they stared behind me, unable to speak. He whirled around just in time to avoid being impaled by the stick.

"You have to remember that your life is at stake - no pun intended. Everest if you die, this entire country is going to shit. Even more than it already has."

"Is it just me, or do you actually care?" Everest teased, changing the topic. It didn't go unnoticed but Aspen but she decided to ignore it for now.

"Sure, but look at this awesome battle scar you got going," she mocked, gesturing to his wound.

"Thank you," Everest said suddenly, catching her completely off guard.

"Huh?" She blurted, staring at him as if he'd grown two heads.

"Thank you for helping me find them. And I'm sorry for what I said last night. I was angry and frustrated and I just took it out on you."

"We'll talk about that later," Aspen dismissed, waving her hand. 

She would have to deal with him some other time.

Her cheeks were burning and she prayed he couldn't see the red flush spreading across her face.

No. Fuck. You're supposed to be mad at him.  

"Are you blushing?" he asked, an innocent look on his face. Only the smirk gave him away as he pushed his leg between Aspen's. Their close proximity made Aspen feel like she couldn't breathe as she stood with her left leg now trapped between Everest's. He smirked up at her as he sat on the edge of the bed.