𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 13 - 𝓖𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓔𝓯𝓯𝓮𝓬𝓽

Salut mes petits croissants 👋

I bet y'all can say "I've been waitin for this one! Turn it up!" 🤪

LOL anyways, if you've read Dancing With the Badboy, do you want me to keep adding my Tik Tok/Vine references? 👀

Let me know because I love doing those and reading the comments cuz some of y'all are funny asf. 

Aspen's POV

"How on earth did you figure that out?" Gabriel asked as we sat in the airport lounge. 

"The window sills were doused in gasoline and I look out to see some dude wielding a flare stick. Doesn't take a genius to put two and two together," I replied, taking a sip of my coffee. 

"Media is all over this, it wont take long till the public finds out," Mateo muttered. 

"Relax," I drawled, leaning back in my seat to watch the planes. "The cars were parked underground and CC TV cameras are facing North, not West. Unless someone on the ground recognized us, we should be good."

"And you know this how?" Gabriel asked, leaning forward in his seat. 

"I just have more brain cells than you do," I smirked and he rolled his eyes. 

"They've opened an investigation. We should know who was behind this by the end of this week," Andres sighed. 

"Good," I nodded as I spotted the jet pull into the gate.

"Well, time for me to go. I'll be in touch," I said, grabbing my things. 

"Stay safe," Andres said, holding out his hand which I shook. 

"You couldn't possibly be worried about me," I teased and he shook his head, a smile on his face. 

It was a nonstop flight from Spain to London lasting about 2 and a half hours. 

The airport was empty aside from the few cargo planes in the gates. 

London Heathrow airport was deserted. If someone told me that would be the scene four years ago, I would've laughed. 

I inadvertently shivered at the ominous and eerie feeling I felt as I walked through the vacant terminal. 

Two guards in navy blue uniforms met outside, silently opening the doors for me. 

There was a single shiny black SUV with tinted windows waiting outside. 

A man dressed in a black suit and sunglasses leaned against the car. He looked oddly familiar, but I couldn't tell because part of his face was covered. 

But it's cloudy, why the sunglasses??

"Miss Hill?" he spoke, standing up and coming towards me. The way he said my name made me recognize his familiar face. 

"Connor?"

A smile broke onto his face as he pulled off his shades.

"Long time no see Colorado," he grinned, giving me a hug. 

"Oh gosh, it really has been a long time," I said, pulling away so I could see his face. 

He had definitely aged. He didn't look like a little boy anymore. I was just mad because he was so much taller than I was, even with heels on.  It felt like just yesterday he'd been standing on top of boxes just so he could say he was taller. 

"So, how have you been?" I asked as we drove through the empty streets. 

"It's... it's been rough, I'm not going to lie," he sighed, running a hand through his hair.