Chapter 36 - Breaking Point

Hi party people! 

Hope you guys are doing welllllll. 

Comment a city you want to live in :) 

I want to live in  a studio in New York or an apartment in Milan or literally any major city where I can find a place 😅

Third Person's POV

"Do not trust anyone, alright?" Everest said, looking into his mother's weary eyes. 

"Yes. Is that Connor?" she asked, looking past his shoulder. 

The wind was blowing harshly as Connor ran through the garden towards the mother and sun. 

"Mate, we've got to get out of here," Connor said, panting as he approached them. 

"Where's Katia and Aspen?"

"Aspen's looking for Katia, she should be here any moment."

Suddenly, the distant sound of thumping could be heard. 

The King squinted as he looked up at the sky. Raising a hand to shield his eyes from the brightness, he could make out the chopper nearing them. 

"Who is that?" Anastasia asked as the trees swayed from the wind generated by the blades. 

Everest felt his heart pounding in his chest. If this was someone sent by his father, there was no way out. They were done for. 

He felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. 

"Zoe?"

"Yes, I just got off the phone. There should be a heli coming to you-"

"Yeah, yeah, I see it."

"It's from the Belgian government, they're here to get you."

"Alright, thank you. Love you," he said, cutting the call. 

The sound of the helicopter was deafening as it landed in the grassy patch. The door slid open and a soldier frantically waved his hand. 

"Hurry, hurry!"

Anastasia felt an immense relief as she strapped into her seat of the helicopter, Connor doing the same beside her. 

Only when she noticed her son retreating from the cabin did she feel the twinge of panic return. 

"Everest! Where are you going?!" she shouted over the sound of the chopper. 

"I love you!" he shouted back as the wheels of the aircraft left the ground. 

Everest was glad the blades of the copter were loud to drown out his mother's panicked shouts. 

He couldn't leave with her. 

Aspen had sacrificed her life for him, and he would do the same in a heartbeat. 

He didn't know if it was a good thing, but not for a second did he hesitate staying behind as his mother flew to safety with Connor. 

It was odd how deserted the Palace was as he sprinted through the hallways. The doorways blurred around him, everything becoming one giant blend of beige and gold colours. 

He wasn't sure where to go as he stood in the concourse of the Palace. He didn't know where to begin looking for the two missing girls. 

But Everest didn't have to wait long. 

A loud, ear-shattering scream split the air that made the hair on his skin rise. Turning swiftly, he took off in the direction of Aspen's room. 

Aspen didn't even realize she was screaming.