𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 - 𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐈𝐧, 𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐎𝐮𝐭

Hiii happy Sunday my lovelies! I hope you're all doing well.

Lmk if u enjoy the chapterrrrr 🥰.

Aspen's POV

That evening I ran home, just as Everest had asked.

The skies darkened as my feet pounded the London pavements. Ominous clouds rolled in, blocking out the remaining sunlight of what had been a beautiful day. Leaves skittered across the road as the wind picked up.

People were hurrying to get indoors as the sound of thunder rumbled in the distance. Crows squawked as they hurried to seek shelter under the roofs of buildings and in the dull streetlamps that flickered.

Hundreds of questions swarmed my mind as I hurried up the path to my flat.

Where was the Queen? And princess Zoe? Why did Everest force me to leave?

Why did he kiss me?

I had never been so confused.

There had to be a reason for Everest to rush me out of the Palace as if it was on fire. He sure as hell didn't want his father to see me, that much was clear.

The sound of the bell tower tolling in the distance made me shudder, the sound echoing deeply as it reverberated in a five mile radius .

The sound of London.

I grabbed my laptop, quickly opening as I sat at the kitchen table. It was time to utilize my trusty friend Google.

I went through everything.

BBC, The Sun, Daily Mail, Metro, every tabloid and major news outlet you could name.

Nothing.

It seemed like the Royal Family had managed to keep whatever was happening a secret. Even from people within the Palace itself.

---------------------------------------

A loud bang made me shoot up in bed, flinging the sheets off of me.

"What the hell?" I muttered, getting out of bed.

"Who is it?" I asked hesitantly.

"Connor," a voice said, muffled by the heavy door.

I swung the door open before realizing I probably looked like a drowned rat.

"Hey," I greeted, noticing his grim expression. He was dressed in a black jacket and a hoodie creating a shadow over his face.

Rain poured down behind him, the sound of water rushing down the street filling my ears.

"Hey, this is from Everest," he said in a hushed tone, discretely slipping me a rectangle object. Water droplets touched my skin sending a chill down my spine.

"Connor, what the hell is happening?"

"I honestly have no idea either. But whatever it is, don't worry about it," he dismissed.

"Wha- you don't reasonably expect me to-"

"Everest is gonna be fine, I'm fine. We're good," he said quickly.

"Alright, but you're gonna have to tell me sooner or later," I warned.

"Don't I know it," he smiled before adding, "Before I forget, he told me to tell you his birthday."

"Sorry what?"

"His birthday."

"Yes, August 17th? What about it?"