Part 5: meando en cereal

MY FLOWER SPROUTED AND I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!

Aaron's stern gaze from across the boardwalk terrified Ein to the core, how much hate he could place in one simple act. It hurt. 

Slowly, Ein made his way to Aaron, facing down the entire time. "What do you want?" Aphmau shouted at him, standing in front of Aaron, protecting him. 

"Why didn't you kill me?"

He visibly recoiled, stumbling backward slightly, "Huh?"

"Why didn't you kill me, Aaron?"

"I hadn't planned on ever killing you."

"Why didn't you fucking kill me, Aaron? I deserved every ounce of pain you could have given me, why didn't you snuff out my life while you had the chance?" He yelled, firmly staring downward. He slowly approached him, lightly slamming his fists into Aaron's chest, "Kill me!"

"N-no!"

"Just kill me, I want you to kill me, why won't you just do it?"

"I'm not going to kill you Ein?"

He finally raised his head, starring deeply into Aaron's eyes as they faded back to black, "Please, I'm begging you! just kill me!" his own emerald eyes twinkled as tears poured down.

"I'm not going to-"

"-I'm a danger to this world, your friends, and everything you stand for, just do it!"

"Ein, I'm not going to kill you, and that's that!"

"Fine, if you won't, I will!" He yelled as he bolted over the railing, toward the water.

Aaron barely caught his wrist, "No!"

"Just let me die, you asshole!" he thrashed to escape Aaron's grasp.

"I won't let you!"

Nails dug into Aaron's wrist, forcing him to drop Ein into the water.

He splashed into the water, waking up moments later, "What the hell, Ein?" he muttered to himself, "What the fuck kind of dream was that?"

Warm sunlight lit Ein's bedroom through a small crack in the blinds. Cozy fleece-lined flannel sheets cloaked him, bunching up to his chest. He rolled over, glaring at his alarm clock, "8:53" the clock read. He sighed, begging to stay in bed for the rest of eternity. 

*Knock Knock Knock*

"Ein, are you awake?" Ryder called from the other end of the door.

"Yeah," he replied, unraveling himself from his blanket cocoon, "I'll be out in a second."

"Alright, there are pancakes on the table if you want some."

"Thanks," he crawled out of bed, forcing himself up. The soft carpet beneath his feet, he stood up, preparing to wear the same pair of blue flannel pajama bottoms.  He walked to the living room, plopping down on the couch.

"Shouldn't you put on a shirt?" Jax mumbled, still chewing the chunk of pancake in his mouth.

"Fuck shirts," he groaned, struggling to keep his eyes open.

"Fair enough," he swallowed another chunk of pancake, "So, what happened on your vacation?"

"Went about as well as I expected."

"We saw the broadcast on the TV, but something tells me we didn't even see the half of it."

" So you saw-"

"-You scared us, you know. It's not fun to watch your friends get hurt on screen, I mean, that had to hurt, we thought you died, man."

"I did," he grumbled, half-heartedly pointed at the pale jagged line dashed across his sternum, "Not pleasant by the way." He sighed, "Ultimately, the mission failed, that's fine with me though, I think I'm done with that life."

"It'll be good to actually have you around for longer than a month or so."

"Yeah," he exhaled, picking up an entire pancake in his hand before shoving it all into his mouth, "I forgot how good actual food tastes."

"What have you been eating if not actual food?"

"You can only eat from a can for so long before getting sick of it."

"So... that's?"

"Off but better than what I'm used to."

"How is it off?" he scoffed.

"Too much baking powder."

"Well, excuse me, not all of us have the experience of a chef."

He smirked, "I missed you guys,"

"We're pretty great, I know."

Ein smacked him, "Careful Jax, I might piss in your cereal or something."

He gasped sarcastically, "Why would you commit such a heinous crime to cereal?"

"Don't test me, I will do it," he laughed.

"Please don't, I don't feel like disinfecting a bowl anytime soon."

"We'll see."

"Irene, save me."

Ein chuckled, "I'm kidding, don't be so tense," he sat up, patting Jax's head, "I'm going back to bed, please canoodle quieter  than yesterday or I'm going to disembowel the both of you."

"O-oh..."

"Bye," he yawned, walking back to his room.