Part 12: la Inquietud

Worry/Anxiety

Light peered through the cracks in the blinds, sparsely lighting the room. Ein sat in bed, staring at Aaron as he slept, listening to his subtle snores, feeling Aaron's soft skin brush against his own. The soft gentle breeze as each breath swayed through his curly, unkempt hair. The subtle smell of Aaron's dwindling cologne pressed against his cheek as he laid against Aaron's bare chest, grapefruit. The occasional Honk from the hustle and bustle from the streets below interrupting the indistinct hum the building emitted, filling each room with unrecognizable noises.

Slowly, Ein slid out of bed, creeping across the room to a dresser, sat atop was a small leather-wrapped book. The red ribbon bookmark slid between his fingers as he opened it. Slowly, he placed the book back down, sliding a small wilting houseplant closer to himself. Worn, muddied, pages stared back at Ein, calling to him, begging to be read, enticing and irresistible... yet impossible as he was now. He turned the page, "Love," he muttered, shaking his head amusedly, "How corny." The pages, ink-stained and utterly filthy, paved the way, a way he needed to follow, "For Aaron," he uttered, sighing as he raised his hand to the plant. The plant hardly moved, twitching ever so slightly. He grumbled, shivering as his own life essence seeped into the plant, shifting upright as it once had. Green pigments leisurely spread through the plant, shielding the decaying brown from eyesight. 

He gasped as he finished the transfer, dropping to his knees. Raspily wheezing for air. Harsh humid air greeted his lungs, coughing into his clenched fist as he staggering to stand back up. he slammed the dresser into the wall, knocking both the book and plant off of it into the floorboards. He slid off the dresser, crashing into the floor, frenzied tears streaming down his cheeks. Before he could blink, Aaron kneeled beside him, clutching him closely, slowly running a gentle hand through his mop of hair. 

With strength he didn't know he even had, Ein clung to Aaron's shoulders, muffling his tears and cries of agony. Not the same fatigue he once experienced when casting spells. But this wasn't the same, healing and destruction magics were polar opposites, not to mention, entirely different emotions. 

He gestured toward the bed, shakily outstretching his arm. Aaron sighed, lifting him into his lap. Gingerly, he carried him to the bed, swiftly leaving the room. There, Ein cried to himself, the seemingly everlasting urge to pass out slowly clawing into his mind. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Several hours later

Ein groaned, pressing a hand to his forehead, a wet rag meeting his fingertips, confusedly, he sat up, clutching the luke-warm rag to his forehead, "Easy," Aaron mumbled, prodding a finger into Ein's chest, forcing him back down, "Just relax," he sighed, pressing his hand to Ein's forehead, "You're still burning up..."

 The eerie stillness of silence gnawed at his core, "How long have I been out?"

"A few hours..." he sighed, glancing EIn up and down, "How do you feel?"

"Hot..." he groaned, clutching his forehead, "Like a heat... but worse."

"You need rest, you're burning up with a fever." He placed a hand on Ein's cheek, "Can you do that for me... sleep, I mean."

"Haven't I done enough sleeping?"

"Please, for me?" he stared, curling his lips into a pout, glistening puppy eyes pleading with him, he genuinely cared about this asshole.

"F-fine," he groaned, slipping back into the sheets.

He grasped the rag, "I'll be back in a second," he returned moments later with a bowl of icy water, "Here, I figure this'll help," he rewatered the rag, tapping it along Ein's forehead, "You should take better care of yourself, I'd hate to have to treat you like a baby for the rest of your life."

"I'd hate to never be babied by you ever again."

He flushed red, incoherently mumbling obscenities. "One day, I'm going to kick your ass for teasing me as much as you do... or maybe I'll just sleep in another room," he placed the bowl on the nightstand, "Irene knows how much you enjoy sleeping with me."

He yanked Aaron into the spot beside him, crawling on top of him, "Like you don't enjoy me cuddling up to you," he teased, silently giggling to himself.

He shoved Ein off of himself, "Go to sleep," he claimed out of bed.

Ein hurriedly grabbed Aaron's hand, "W-wait... I-I'm sorry. J-just don't go, please..." he clutched Aaron's hand tightly, "I-I need you..."

"Ein," he uttered,  stepping closer to him. He sat on the edge of the bed, quietly leaning closer. Firm arms wrapped around Ein, "I'm not going to leave you."

"You promise?"

"Cross my heart, hope to die."

"Gracias por todo, mi pequeño atrapasueños." (Thank you for everything, my little dreamcatcher)

"Descansa un poco."(Get some rest)

"Bravo," he mumbled, clutching Aaron closer.

"You're not letting me go, are you?"

"Nope," he chuckled, clutching him as tightly as his frail state would let him.

"Fine, you win," Aaron climbed atop Ein, crushing him, "But this is clearly what you want, so I guess I'm just going to sit up here until you pass out."

Yeah, yeah, I died, clearly. I know I haven't posted in a hot second, I'm kinda thinking about starting another Fanfic, a Blazin or Dein one... not sure which one I'd go with or what time period I'd set it in, I kinda wanna try a diaries AU with Ein plopped right in there somewhere, IDK, it's still in its conceptual stage so nothing is permanent, nor do I know if I'll actually make it... so yeah.