Part 9: La Puta

He laid beside Aaron, listening to each soft breath Aaron exhaled. It wasn't right, even he knew this was wrong, this was his sister's fiance, he shouldn't have been laying with him, he shouldn't have argued with her, he shouldn't have teased her so much, he should have just stayed quiet. Why did he have to speak up?

 He sighed, rolling out of bed, cold vinyl wood flooring beneath his feet, he made his way to the couch downstairs. The sun just over the horizon, the dull light of the moon, and the rudimentary streetlights lining the road, active as ever. She'd been gone for hours, and something told Ein she had no plans of returning any time soon. He sighed, pulling out his phone, a message to Aph displayed, "Please come home, I'm worried about you,(Unread)" read the screen. He'd spammed her messages pleading for her to come home, all unread.

He sighed once more, making his way to the window, wide open and the only source of light in the room. He placed his hand on the glass, cold to the touch. A figure stood outside, watching from beneath a lamp post. Cloaked in purple robes, green mist surrounded the figure. Ein groaned at the sight, this was his chance.

He stepped out onto the porch, watching the figure intently. The two figures stood on opposite sides of the road, "What do you want, and what the hell did you do to me?"

The figure didn't reply, only cocking his head at Ein's questions.

"Answer me!"

The figure took a step closer, slowly bridging the gap between the two of them, "I gave you power," he started, having made his way halfway across the road.

"Take it back!"

"Not going to happen."

"What's your game this time? Do you really care so little about your failure?"

"Minor setbacks," he took another step forward.

He raised an arm, halting him, "That's far enough, Michael."

"You think you can tell me what to do?"

"Stay back!" he braced himself, still extending his arm.

"Or what?"

"I'm warning you!"

"You hold no power against me while you still fear me."

"I don't fear you!"

"Then what, what are you so afraid of?"

"I'm not afraid!" His hand glowed more and more his anger festered.

"Oh, but you are. Tell me, is it that troublesome sister of yours, the one that ran off, or perhaps it's the boy you attempted to murder."

"No matter how you frame it, it was you who forced me to attack them!"

"No matter how I frame it, it was still your body. Now answer the question... Oh, perhaps your afraid I'll hurt everyone you've tried so hard to reconnect with?"

"Shut up!" A blast erupted from his hand, launching at the demon before him. The blast forced Ein back into the sidewalk.

He sidestepped it, smirking back at Ein, "I'm going to warn you, that woman isn't as pure of heart as you'd think."

He rushed to his feet, "What the hell was that thing," he looked down at his hand.

"You may feel angry now, but once you find out what she's done, there'll be no going back."

"What do you mean?"

"Go there," he pointed toward Garroth's house."

"Why?"