Part 17:El Regreso de la Hermana

"H-hey, I'm heading out, I'll see y'all later," he waved goodbye as he walked out into the hall, tightening his scarf and gloves. "When Aaron wakes up, tell him I love him.."

"Finally got him in bed, did ya?" Ryder mocked.

"Shut up, at least I don't moan like a fucking elephant." he twitched his nose.

"Elephant... I'm not that loud... am I?" he glanced at Jax for assurance, "I'm not, right?"

"Eh, most of the time. I mean, if he can hear you..."

"He's a werewolf, of course, he can hear us."

"I can also hear when you jack off in the shower," he smirked mischievously.

"Da fuck!"

He quickly shut the door, bolting down toward the elevator before Ryder could catch up. He chuckled to himself as the door slowly slid shut. 

Even though it was the afternoon, Aaron still hadn't woken up yet from their night of play. After all, he did stay up later than Ein. 

____________________________________________

With every step, ice and snow crunched beneath Ein's feet. His puffy, blue, winter coat clasped around him, scraping against itself with every sway of his arms. Black leather combat boots carried his feet, leaving rigid patterns behind him in the snow. As he exhaled, large misty puffs escaped his lips. A heavy bag draped over his fingertips, filled with various groceries. 

He slipped his hands out of a partly zipped pocket, blowing breath onto his hands. Woolen gloves covered them, though they shielded him from the cold, the numbness burning the ends of his fingers announced itself incessantly. His already pale skin lightened in the frozen breeze, nearly alabaster in tone, sparing just the tip of his nose and cheeks, which burned a vibrant red. The beanie atop his head leaned lopsidedly over his head, concealing a pierced ear beneath the woolen material. 

His steps slowed as he turned a corner, pulling his navy scarf above the bridge of his nose. He sighed, ignoring the pain in his heart as he cautiously passed by the girl he'd once called "best friend," and "sister." She rarely noticed him, too preoccupied with bothering the other locals to spot him. But she wasn't this time. Her focused gaze glanced around from person to person skipping people she'd already asked or had yelled back at her.

She'd been at this for hours by now and showed no signs of stopping soon. Aphmau meticulously surveyed the crowd, eyeing potential victims. She quickly grabbed Ein's wrist, "Excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you, but I need help."

He groaned to himself, tilting his head toward her, "I'm busy, could you not?"

"O-oh... it's you." She glared at him briefly, "I was hoping I'd find you eventually." she eased off of his wrist, stepping back.

"I was hoping you'd stop searching after a few days."

"Don't be a dick, I need to know where Aaron is."

"Why? Why go through all this effort, pestering all these people, just to find him." He shifted his weight from one side to the other.

"I wanted to apologize... for what I did, and... I want to get back together with him."

"Sorry, he's taken," he answered monotonously.

"A-already?"

"It's been a few months, Aph. He moved on ages ago, and so should you," He turned to walk away.

She quickly rushed around him, "Please, I need to know."

He sighed, "You don't need him Aph."

"Yes, I do... look, I messed up, like really badly-"