14 ✡︎ Without You

Raven
The titans arrived at the cave shortly. Raven looked up at it, her heart pounding.

"I'm going in," Raven said pushing ahead. A hand on her shoulder stopped her.

"Raven... you don't have powers and you're um..." Robin trailed off.

"Not emotionally stable?" Raven finished.

He nodded. "I just don't want you getting hurt. We don't know what could be in there and-"

"I have to." she whispered.

He saw the pain and hard determination in her eyes, and he stepped aside. "Beast Boy trusts you the most so... we'll stay out here in case something, or someone tries to lock you in there. If you're not out in 15 minutes we'll come to get you."

Raven wanted to cry and smile at the same time. "Thank you." she said quietly.

Robin smiled. "Of course."

He walked back over to Starfire and Cyborg. "Cyborg, monitor the cave and take calculations to see when it might collapse, and how stable it is. Me and Star will check around for any clues."

Starfire took his hand, and both of them blushed. Raven smiled softly at the them. She hoped she could have that with someone someday.

They flew off together, hand in hand, as Raven stepped inside the pitch black cave.

✡︎ ✡︎ ✡︎
Raven was seriously wondering why on earth had she stepped into a pitch black cave with no lights and no magic to create it.

I'm desperate. She concluded.

And she was. But... who could blame her? Thousands of horrible things of things that could have happened to him flashed through her head.

She pushed them away and focused on pushing through the cave.

She walked for a few minutes then remembered she only had 15 minutes so she started running. She ran until her legs felt numb, but she kept pushing.

She tripped over and over, feeling bruises form all over her pale skin. She fell to the ground, panting and trembling. She wanted to pass out, her whole body ached in pain, but she made herself stand, gripping the cave wall for support.

"For Gar." She whispered. Suddenly, she felt herself absorb the caves darkness, her whole body feeding on its emptiness, absorbing more and more of it until she could see. Her body felt strong, the cuts, and bruises feeling nonexistent, her cold determination filling her body with energy.

She sprinted through the cave, her legs barely brushing the ground as her newfound energy and light powered her body. In minutes, she saw his pale green face. His eyes were squeezed shut, and he had streaks of blood running along his chest, his hair unkempt.

At the sound of her foot steps, he raised his frail face to meet hers, his eyes widening when he saw her. She saw the hurt and pain in his eyes, and she felt guilt cross her body.

He's alive! Her mind cheered. She was so relieved she could barely reply when he whispered,

"Raven?"

"I'm here Gar." she said, her voice cracking. She stepped in front of him and brushed the hair out of his face, revealing the emerald beauty that were his eyes.

"I'm here."

"Indeed you are." Raven whipped around to see Terra, her eyes a piercing yellow and her expression devious.

"Just like I hoped."

Raven stalked forward, he hands balled in fists, the darkness she had absorbed inside her rushing through her veins, pushing her body to move forward.