𝟬.𝟭 𝗯𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗼𝘂𝘁

"[name]! you did it, you passed the test! even the teacher is impressed," aiko cheered as she ran over to you

you pulled your headphones out and sighed, "sorry, what was that?"

aiko rolled her eyes and grabbed your shoulders, "you passed last weeks math test!"

you kept a straight face confused to why it even mattered, "i did? wow, cool."

she chuckled and smacked your shoulder, "c'mon! be more excited, you did amazing! i'm proud, maybe your love for school is coming back."

"aiko. thank you, i'm happy you're proud of me but that doesn't mean my quote on quote love for school is coming back. i never loved school, i was just good at it."

aiko sighed and grabbed your hand leading you to your first class, your eyes wandered the halls as a couple students watched you get dragged by your friend. you were know as nekoma's burnout, though it is only your second year students from your elementary school continued to call you that but changed the schools name to nekoma. soon your reputation as the schools burnout gained more popularity and it became what you were called.

all throughout grade school you succeeded, getting good grades, making honorary roll. but it wasn't for you, more for your parents. your last year at elementary was the year your grades started to drop, you became unmotivated and lost interest in the clubs you were in.

you had one goal though, to become a tattoo artist. you loved art even though it was difficult to always find the motivation to continue. you could only hope you would make it to the age that you would see yourself open your dream shop.

"that was a scene, wasn't it kenma?" kuroo laughed.

kenma didn't look up from his game as he spoke, "i almost feel bad for that girl having to deal with someone so energetic. the taller girl is the female version of you, kuroo."

fake gasping kuroo took kenma's switch away, "be nice to me. aiko isn't even close to how i am!"

you slung you bag across your chair before sitting down, aiko waved goodbye as she headed off to her first class. classes always moved so slow, a minute felt like two. the teacher talked about the upcoming assignment related to world history, another assignment to add to the pile.

students whispered as the teacher tried to get your attention, "[last name]! are you paying attention, what did i just say?"

you bit the inside of your cheek trying to think about what he was saying, "sorry, i have no clue."

a couple students snickered at how straight forward you were, "i thought so. pay attention."

the bell indicating your second class was done rang and you stood up grabbing your bag and headed for the door before the teacher called you out, "[last name], i'd like to have a chat after school. meet me in the detention room."