𝟬.𝟰 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘂𝗽 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳

kenma peered at you through his eyelashes, "oh hey, [name]."

"hey..." you said kicking a couple pebbles on the sidewalk beneath you. 

kenma opened the door for you and let you go first. you parted ways and got what you were both looking for, you trudged up to the cash register with kenma following placing your ice-cream on the counter and started to grab change from your pockets. 

"i'll pay for it. don't worry about it," kenma advised as he stepped ahead of you and payed for everything. 

exiting the corner store you thanked kenma, "it's not a problem, [name]."

"are you going home?" you questioned tearing the wrapper off your strawberry ice-cream. 

he shrugged, "i was planning on it, i can stick around for a couple more minutes if you'd like."

you shook your head, "it's okay, i'll see you tomorrow."

ignoring your answer he walked across the empty street and sat on the curb waiting for you to follow him. you sat down beside him and your shoulders touched, the street was dimly lit by the moon and the coloured lights coming from the store. you turned your head to kenma and saw him looking up at the moon, "the moon is nice, do you like the moon?" 

he nodded, "yeah. it's pretty..." 

you smiled and tossed the wooden stick onto the road nonchalantly, "i think the moons pretty too."

kenma realized just how close you two were when he turned his head, your nose was almost touching his. his heart fluttered at the weary smile you had on your face. shrinking back a bit he looked away, "i saw you with yaku earlier."

your mood when down a bit when he mentioned that but you remembered he was just trying to talk to you, "yeah, we visited sora today. it was difficult, but we did it." 

he nodded, "that's good, sometimes you have to do things you find difficult." 

"why don't you speak much, kenma?" 

he seemed taken back by your question, "i do talk, just not to random people."

you giggled, "i guess so, but we've just met not long ago and were sitting here alone having a full conversation."

"i know you're just easy to talk to i guess," he muttered. 

your lips turned upwards, "i'm glad you think so." 

he stood up and held out a hand for you but kept his eyes away from you avoiding eye contact. you reached up and grabbed his hand, tugging you up you stood there silently for a few seconds just thinking. still holding hands he looked back at you this time making eye contact, "i can tell you don't eat much. most people don't notice, but i do. i can tell you're struggling, but i won't force it out of you. just know everyone has something they're dealing with and there's help out there."