𝟬.𝟯 𝗲𝘅𝗵𝗮𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

the night felt too long, your phone vibrated and you saw kenma had texted you. 

kenma

hey, it's kenma. 

you

hey kenma, how's it going?

kenma 

can't sleep, was wondering if you were awake. it's getting pretty late it's almost two in the morning.

you

yeah, we should probably get some sleep? 

kenma sat on his bed debating if he should send this text or not, his thumb hovered over the send button and he accidentally sent it. his face contorted into a look of pure of shock as he threw his phone to the end of his bed and shoved his face into his pillow screaming. 

kenma

i'm really glad we've started talking, i hope we can get closer.

you grinned and started typing back. 

you

i'm happy too! of course, i planned on getting closer anyways haha.

kenma hesitated to look at your text but felt relieved when he read it, he said his goodnight as did you and you put your phone down going back to your sketchbook. you finished aiko's portrait and added darker lines to the corner of her lips because they were smiling, you were really grateful for aiko. she's always been there for you, you knew she was leaving high school soon and moving onto college just like kuroo. though she would still be close-ish you couldn't help but feel your chest tighten at the thought of her losing touch with you. 

laying on your back you stared at the ceiling trying to figure out how you felt. it was difficult when you didn't even know how to describe it. it was a mixture of melancholy but there was a purpose to it. you had lost someone close to you and previous to that you had already been struggling, your mental health took a toll on you many years ago and slowly chewed away at your self-esteem, sense of emotion and filled it with negative thoughts that made you want to hurt yourself just to fill your brain with some type of feeling. 

you were clean for six months, you had a sense of pride still those six months couldn't go to waste. you knew relapsing was part of recovering but you refused to do it right now, your mother had taken any razors, etc out of your room and the only thing stopping you from getting them was how exhausted you felt. 

you woke up to the sound of your brother telling you he was leaving, he had woken up late as well. checking your phone the time was eleven thirty, groaning you thought about going to school or staying home. aiko's group chat she made had some new texts,