♡ Part 11 ♡

~• 4 months later •~

It was 7 in the morning when my alarm woke me up. I got out of bed for the first time in the past half year without staying in bed for at least 15 minutes. My phone was on the bedside table and I quickly grabbed it to check the messages. There was nothing but a message from Charlie resending the time so I wouldn't forget, and a few messages from my friends wishing me a lot of fun. I threw my phone on the bed and left my room to take a shower.
The night before I have already put some clothes ready to put on today. It would be a bit cold and we had to drive for a few hours, so I chose clothes that were comfortable. I put on the blue skinny jeans and the green hoodie with flowers on the sleeves. Before pulling the sleeves over my arms, I looked at my arm. The 7 cuts had become scars and there were now a total of 9. With a sigh I pulled my sleeves down, I hated myself. In front of the mirror I put on some make-up, just mascara and some lip gloss. I looked at myself with an inquisitive look. The skinny jeans looked good on me, my blonde hair fell over my shoulders in its usual waves and my blue eyes behind my round glasses looked bigger thanks to the mascara. Good enough, I decided, then bent down to put on my worn-out gray nikes. I grabbed my luggage and ran down the stairs two at a time. When I dropped all the stuff in the hallway, I entered the kitchen. "Are you ready, Olivia?" Louise asked me. She's Chloe's mom, where I've lived since the mess with my dad, but I'm also starting to think of her a little bit like my own mom. ''Yes that's me. Well, almost, I have to have breakfast first." I replied and we smiled at each other. I took a bowl from one of the kitchen cupboards and filled it with yogurt. I put in some fruit and sat down next to Louise. "What time are you leaving?" She asked me. "My mom and Charlie will pick me up at eight." I looked at the clock, I had 20 minutes left. ''How did you sleep?''
"Not great, I still can't get him out of my head..." I replied. "I know, it's been about four months now, but... I don't know, he came into my life and it's like he's never coming out," I continued. "We're out of touch, we'll never be in touch again, but there's something between us, I guess. What other explanation could be that I keep thinking about him?" Louise looked at me and then slowly shook her head. "I don't know, honey. I know it's hard and you've tried it so many times, but you have to forget about him. It was very clear what he was saying and-" She was interrupted by Chloe entering the kitchen as well. She ran to me and hugged me. "Hello Girl!" She said, and I tried to get out of her hug with a smile. "I'm going to miss you baby, but hopefully you will have fun."
"I'm only going for a week." I said, still smiling. "Yes, that is very long and you are all the way in Belgium. Do you have any idea how far that is?'' She rolled her eyes dramatically and sat in the chair next to me. "Yes, it's about 2 hours and 30 minutes," I said, pretending to pass out. "Okay girls, we get it now." Louise said laughing. Chloe went back to normal and stole the last piece of fruit from my bowl. I would go to my family in Belgium with my mother and Charlie. My mother is from Belgium and we are going to celebrate Christmas with my grandparents, aunt, uncle and their son and two daughters. I was just about to tell Chloe to get her own food when the doorbell rang. All three of us got up knowing it would be my mom and Charlie. "I'm going to the door, you can pack your things." Louise said and she walked out of the kitchen. "I'm going to miss you too, honey." I said to Chloe. "But it won't take that long, you'd survive without me." She slapped me softly and then put her arms around me. "Have fun there! And... Go after those cute Belgian guys, girl. You're amazing and you'll drive them all crazy." I know she meant it sweetly, but my thoughts immediately returned to Lando. I had to stop thinking about him, he doesn't want me, it doesn't work between us and I don't want him. That's not true, but maybe I will believe it if I think it often enough. Together we walked to the door. Charlie was there talking to Louise. With all my luggage in the car, I hugged Louise and Chloe.
''Lots of fun!''
"See you in a week, girl!"
I greeted my mom with a hug and two kisses and then got into the car. We waved to Louise and Chloe until we couldn't see them anymore. We were on our way to Belgium.