♡ Part 18 ♡

~• Lando Norris •~

I slowly opened my eyes and for a moment I had no idea where I was. Then I felt Olivia in my arms and a huge smile appeared on my face. Yesterday had been great, my family really loved her and she seemed to like them too. Sometimes it's just so hard to understand what she's thinking and how she's feeling. That really frustrates me. I just want her to feel good, I want to take all of her worries and fears away from her and just let her enjoy. It's so hard to accept that I can't do that... I don't even know why she feels that way, I know parts of what's going on, but far from the whole story. Somehow I want to talk to her about it and let her tell me everything that's on her mind, but then again, I don't want her to feel pressured. If she wants to talk to me about something, she would come to me, right? Deep down I knew she wouldn't. She's used to doing things on her own, keeping everything away from others and pretending to have a perfect life, even if that's far from it. I can't expect her to change that behavior just for me in a few days, she's so used to it. It takes time for her to realize that she can trust me and I will give her all the time and patience she needs to do so. She wanted to take it easy between us, so that's how we're gonna do it... Then what are you doing here? In her bed with your arms around her? And what are you going to do today, if you want to take it slow? A voice in my head said and somehow... The voice was right. Even while I loved spending time with her and wanting to be as close as possible to her every second, she needs her space and I have to give it to her. Maybe some people will think I'm weird or stupid because I want to fight for her, but something in her... It caught my attention from the first second we met and it never let go. I couldn't even name what it was, but there was something I just couldn't let go of. I want to make her happy... I carefully let go of Olivia and got out of bed, I was as quiet as possible, to make sure I wouldn't wake her. When I was standing next to the bed, I looked at her for a few seconds. It was terribly dark, but she looked so peaceful. I felt a smile reappear on my face. I walked softly to the door when suddenly I heard my sister's sleepy voice. "Lando?" She asked, confused, but softly. "What are you doing here?" Flo asked me. "Just see if Olivia is okay." I answered. "Hmm." I could hear in her voice that she didn't believe me. "I think she'll be able to sleep without you." She said, I heard her smile. "Maybe one day we'll find out if she can." I smiled like an idiot. What did this girl do to me? "This stays between us, right?" I asked, knowing I could trust my sister. "Certainly." She said. I turned and opened the door. "Lando?"
"Yes, Flo?"
"Do you like her?" My sister asked. It took me a few seconds to answer her question because I wanted to think about it first. "I think I'm starting to like her... And I'm pretty sure I can fall in love with her someday." I realized that not a word of what I had said had been lied. Olivia really started to matter to me. "Not like that other girl?" Flo sounded unsure. "Not like that other girl." I agreed. "Much better." I added with a smile. "She is amazing." My sister said. "Much better." I added again and with a smile on my face I walked out of the room and entered my own room, which I shared with my brother Oliver. I sat down on my bed and picked up my phone from the nightstand to check if I had any notifications. It was 4:30 in the morning when I turned on my phone and I had two messages from last night. One belonged to Carlos and the other to Charlotte, Charles's girlfriend.

Carlos: We'll see each other at 11 am, right?

Charlotte: If you want me to give you some advice, you should tell me more first 💙

I smiled through the heart emoji after Charlotte's message, she was always extremely nice to everyone and she's a great person. I decided to answer the messages later and get some sleep. Tomorrow, or actually today, was 'the' day. I was really excited, in a good way, but somehow also quite nervous. What if it ran the same as it did last time? I don't expect that from Olivia at all, but you never know. I couldn't take it to get broken again... Olivia is different, Olivia is not like 'she' was. She isn't, right?