♡ Part 14 ♡

"Olivia, Olivia!" I heard someone yelling and I slowly opened my eyes. "Wake up!" Sophie yelled. She and Emma were next to my bed. It was Christmas morning and when I looked at the clock I saw that it was only 7 o'clock. "There are presents under the Christmas tree!" Sophie still yelled. "Really much." Emma said. I yawned and looked at the two girls. "I'll be right down, okay? I'll take a shower first and then I'll come." I told them and then sent them out of the room. I got out of bed with a sigh when they had disappeared. Last night I was talking to Lando until midnight. After he brought me home, we talked on the phone for a long time that night. It was really nice, but it also meant that I only slept for 7 hours. I grabbed a towel, my dress, and my makeup bag and went to the bathroom. After taking a shower I got dressed and did my hair and makeup. I was wearing a knee-length navy dress with a lace bodice. I was wearing a dark gray cardigan and dark gray low heels, because it was too cold to wear the dress alone. When I finished I went downstairs. My uncle and aunt were already downstairs with the two little girls. They all looked beautiful, my aunt wore a red dress and my uncle wore a dark colored suit. I greeted them both and walked over to my two nieces who were sitting by the Christmas tree. "That's a lot of presents." I said to them and they both had huge smiles on their faces.

It was 1 o'clock in the afternoon. We all sat around the Christmas tree. Sophie and Emma sat as close as possible to the presents under the tree. I was sitting on the couch with Charlie and Luc next to me. Liam picked up one of the presents, Sophie and Emma became even more excited. "This one is for... Emma!" He said and he gave it to her. Her eyes sparkled, which reminded me of Lando. She unwrapped the paper and looked at her present. "Colored pencils!" She called as she jumped up. "They are so beautiful!" It was really cute to see how happy she was. When Sophie had also received her present, a doll with a silver glitter dress, they went to the dining table together. Emma started trying out her new pencils and Sophie played with her new doll. I looked at the two girls, but then my Uncle Liam grabbed my attention again. "There are some presents left..." he said, looking at the three of us on the sofa. Charlie and Luc got a new PS4 controller and then there was only one left. Liam looked at me and threw the present at me. It was fairly thin and a bit soft. I looked at him and wondered what it could be. "Just open it up." he told me. I could tell from his eyes that he was looking forward to it and he had a small grin on his face. That made me a bit worried and I had no idea what to expect. I tore off the paper and when I saw the present, I sighed softly and shook my head with a smile. My uncle started to laugh and everyone looked at me curiously. I picked it up and took it out of the plastic bag. My uncle looked at me and it almost seemed like he was a little proud. "Are you serious?" I asked him. "A Lando Norris McLaren team shirt?" He smiled at me and everyone laughed. "Give it a try." Liam said, still smiling. "I'm sure you'll look great." I rolled my eyes, but got up anyway and went upstairs. I surprised myself with it, but in a way I thought it was a nice gift. The T-shirt was beautiful and the fabric felt very nice. I changed from my dress to the T-shirt and beige paperbag pants. I looked in the large mirror in the guest bedroom. To be honest, I quite liked it. I took a mirror photo and wanted to send it to Lando. Before sending it I looked at it a second time. I hated how the picture looked, I looked ugly. I deleted the photo and tried to take a new one. After some pictures, all of which I deleted because I looked awful, I was pretty done with it. Why couldn't I just be like all those other girls? A little bit would have been good. I didn't look good, it was only worse in pictures. Somehow I felt the urge to just hide in the wardrobe and disappear. I stopped myself and took another picture. A picture where you couldn't see my head. All that was visible was from or about my hips to my chin. My blonde hair flowed over my shoulders. When I finally thought it was good enough, I sent it to Lando. I wrote 'I got a Christmas present from my uncle...' underneath. I put my phone in my pocket and walked downstairs where my family was waiting for me. They all looked at me when I entered the room, even the two little girls took a moment to look. "I told you." My uncle said and they all told me it suited me. I didn't really believe it, but I let it go. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out. A message had arrived from Lando, I immediately got a smile on my face and I quickly opened it.