Chapter 31

Heyyyy!!!

So heres another chapter like promised!!

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has left such kind comments and messages.
I have been having a hard time these past few months. One thing after another, and it felt like life was just falling apart. So thank you, thank you for allowing me to heal and to become well again. I can truly say I have never been so excited to write again.
I even have plans for three more books lol

Anywho, like I said in the least chapter, I will be doing an "About the author" so if you have a questiom for me or about the books, leave them here :) - - - >

So anywhoooo, enjoy this chapter!!
Please share some love by commenting, sharing this story and by giving me a follow for more!!

Enjoy!!

"Come on baby, wake up. Come on..." Killian whispers, holding my body in his arms.
His face covered in worry as his eyes watch over me carefully. "Are you okay? Tell me youre okay."

I just stare at him, my body too heavy to move, words too far away to share with him. Staring at him blankly, I begin to dissociate for only the Moon Goddess knows how long.

Finally, the room becomes clear, as well as the handful of people in it.
Killian is holding me in his arms on the bed, Eros sitting besides us, holding a damp cloth to my head.
Jasmines sitting in the floor besides the bed, holding a stuffed animal...a stuffed penguin to be exact. And then there's Maggie, holding a glass of ice water and a plate of what appears to be sandwhiches.
Inhaling slowly, I groan out with my scratchy voice.
Killian offers me a soft smile, I try to return a smile back but stop once a wave of shooting pain radiates through my body. I cry out from the pain, my eyes closed tightly as I grind my teeth down.

Once the pain clears, I look down at my body and see fur.

Bloody, chared fur.

What the hell happened?

--KILLIAN'S POV--

Tapping my foot impatiently, I wait in the corridor for my fathers arrival.

It doesnt surprise me that he's late. Especially seeing as he like to keep people in their toes. He thinks of it as a proof of power, a way to quietly step in those of power class as they have to wait your arrival before starting any true business.
I on the other hand, think its bull shit ton put it simply.
I like order, I get off to order. This shit here... Fuck this.

Not five minutes pass, and all I can think of is marking my sweet little mate. Eros and I have been speaking privately about how we will do it but its currently undecided.
I do however, know that I'd like it to be the three of us.

Granted, Eros and I arent really into threesomes, neither of us are willing to the let the other mark her without our own presence. Its not out of any negative feelings or such, just that the beasts inside of us are protective and worrisome over our little mate.

"Killian!" A female shouts, my body being forced into heavy shaking as Jasmine shoves me back and forth with all her strength. "Killian! Its Rio! Somethings happening!" She cries out, fear clear as day on her face.

Without even giving myself a second to process, I run.
I run to my mate, I run straight to the unknown state she may be in, not caring if I have to give my life away just so that she may continue to live hers.

Almost breaking the door down, I stop dead in my tracks as I watch Rio, levitating two or so feet off thw ground as she and Vixen fight eachother for dominance over their bodies.
Fire surrounds them, as they shift back and forth into Rios human state and Vixens hell hound. Keep in mind, she hasnt had much practice shifting into her hell hound... It hurts like hell for the first hundred or so shifts...like your body is being torn apart while scotching hot lava is being poured on top of you, burning your flesh to a crisp as it begins to burn your bones.

"Whats happening? What did you do?" I shout at Eros, unaware if he caused this.

"I-I didnt do anything! I swear by it!" Eros says in his defense. He watches our mate with such sadness and fear in his eyes, reminding me of a small puppy that lost its bone.

I glance over at Jasmine, "find Maggie. Tell her to bring water. And lots of it."

Approaching Rio, I step into the flames.
Grabbing her body which is emgulfed in the fire, I pull her close to me in hopes to calm her.
While I have had practice with my hound, I wont react to the flames. Rio on the other hand... Has not.

Maggie and Jasmine rush in the room, carrying buckets of water.
I place Rio down slowly onto the floor, where she lays in a feral position screaming as she cries from the pain of repeatedly shifting. Her clothes on rag's, torn and destroyed.

Grabbing a bucket of water, I hand it to Eros before I grab one for myself.

We dump the water over our mate, knowing this is the fastest way to get her out of this state.
Running a bath would take too long and a shower isnt reasonable in a scenario like this.

"MY BABY!" she screams before gasping for air.
Her hands flat against the floor, as she lifts her head over so slightly to the side to see me, "Killian, oh how I've missed you my knight," she whispers before going unconscious.

My knight.

My... My knight....

I havent been called that since my first mate...

My eyes shoot over to Eros who was already staring at me. His mouth parted open in shock.

Maggie whispers softly, "Was that our dear Angelica?"

"I dont know." I pause as my head goes dark.
Angelica... and my sweet baby boy, August... Gone. Ripped away from me. Just...gone.

I fill with rage as thoughts of murdering the man who did this, my father, play in my mind like a record.
The thoughts bringing me comfort, almost making me smile.

But before I get carried away with my thoughts, Catriona needs me. And I need her.

Kneeling down, I order Eros to find a fresh pair of undergarments for Rio. I dont want her to be fully clothed yet, not until we check over call of her burns, apply ointment as well as bandage them properly. If we don't, she could have an infection. A bad one at that.

"Why isn't she healing on her own?" Jasmine asks in a panic.

"I dont know." I start, "Ill need her to see Tehara. She works with herbal medications and spellcasting. She will know."

* * * * *

An hour passes, but no one leaves. We have moved her to the bed, where its more comfortable and dry, where we can all surround her and be present just in case we need to act fast if things go south.
We all are scared shitless over Catriona... Who wouldnt be?

Finally, she flutters her eyes. Her dark eyelashes dusting her high cheekbone over and over again as she awakes.
Smiling down at her, I ask how shes feeling, but dont get the answer I was expecting.

As she screams, I hold her hand. I dont want to hold her body down and restrict her incase if thats the one thing that will make her pain fade.

As she slowly relaxes, I glance over to the window to see dark clouds rolling in.

He's here.